Chapter 12: A Voice and a Temporary Home

The humming sound that continually rang around Shakirie was slowly driving the blond insane. Beep...Beep...Beep...it keeps on and on for the last half hour...or what she suspected for it to be half an hour, she couldn't tell. Shakirie's been in the darkness for possibly longer but for all she know she could be in limbo, dead from the sneak attack from the ninjas that attacked the group earlier...or was it days ago...months?

When she first opened her eyes she could see nothing but the darkness...and believe her it was annoying. What was shocking is that she could clearly see her body, especially since it had a bluish red glow to her skin and clothes, which she though was awesome. However, hovering in the void for who knows how long was slowly grating on her nerves. 

Looking around again she grumbled loudly, "How long am I supposed to be here?" Knowing that she wasn't going to receive and answer she twisted her body to the right and glared at the nothingness, "Stupid darkness...if this is my personal hell it really is boring."

Nothing answered her again and she was left alone.

Glaring once more at the unknown...aka NOTHING, she was about to lose it, "OH COME ON, I DISERVE SOMETHING, ANYTHING AT LEAST!"

Again nothing answered..."Wait..." shifting her head to the side she listened. Behind that annoying beep was another sound. It was soft, as if it was slithering against water...or was it earth? She had no clue. Twisting herself to the other side where the sound was coming from she screamed.

Right in front of her face was one large gold eye surrounded by red. The thing lifted itself high, only showing its lower neck and head. It had to be a dragon, or what she thought it was since it was nothing she had ever seen before. The head was slender with sharp looking gold spikes protruding from the under its jaw line and all around the neck of its black scaled skin. Blue electricity danced around it as it huffed in annoyance, probably form her.  Its head resembled of a long nosed vine snake, however it didn't look as friendly. Sharp jagged teeth were seen as its mouth was shut as six eyes, on smaller than the other as the further it is to the head, with pupiless eyes that seemed to watch her every movement.

 Sharp jagged teeth were seen as its mouth was shut as six eyes, on smaller than the other as the further it is to the head, with pupiless eyes that seemed to watch her every movement

It wrinkled its muzzle in distain as it moved backwards. "You do not need to scream like a banshee human." Shakirie froze for a second before staring at it again, her mouth gaping like a fish. This action seemed to make it, him judging the voice, chuckled. Sharp teeth opening and closing, one thing for sure is that it had a large, LARGE, mouth that can gobble cities. He scoffed, "Though I appreciate the complement of being able to devourer cities, please note that eating any...building materials, is clearly out of the diet menu."

"Uh...what?"

He seemed to frown a bit, "Charming..." Shaking his head again he lowered himself down to her eye level and spoke, "Before you scream and or blabbing some random nonsense like that idiotic friend of yours, I propose and introduction." He rose himself high as the electricity on his body danced, "I am known throughout all worlds, including this one and the one you have come from." He seemed to wrap himself around her, sharp spikes nearly touching her pale skin, "I am Obcasus, Sǐwáng, Moarte, Shinigami..." His head got lower, a single eye next to her, showing her reflection, "Death."