Chapter 7: Traveling Alone... sort of...

Rayne was simply happy beyond anything she had ever imagined, she had walked back to the Sand Village and tackle, hug, the ninja who she had first licked, before she walked back to the Kazekage. Though Kakashi, Naruto, and Sakura all tense for his reaction, he simply patted her head before heading to his office with Rayne following like a little puppy. Even in the office she had the gall to sit on his desk, scooting some papers aside and waited patiently as Gaara smiled and thank Naruto and his team. He even let Rayne looked at how her mission paper would be written and even added some of the suggestions, such as room and board in top hotels instead of camping outside.

“How are you even paying for it?” asked Naruto.

Rayne smiled and motion him and his team closer while pressing herself closer to Gaara. With her hands she cups them together and moved them both as if she was cupping some water. However instead of something clear something round and shiny appeared on her palms…gold. Since her element is earth she figured that she could easily transform some of her skin into earth and create gold. To replenish she just need to roll on the sand outside to replace the skin, which she would later on do.

Naruto had a gaping look on his face as she passed on the gold to Gaara who later on gave her yen. “That is how, now this is our little secret and only Gaara can ask for gold…but you can ask any time you want,” she stated to Naruto gracing him with a wink and getting a blush for a reply.

Kakashi looked at Gaara, “If anyone discovered her ability she could be widely targeted.”

“Yes…that is why I am hiring your team to keep close to her throughout her journey until she reaches her final destination, which would be Konohagakure.”

“So we get to guard this super awesome girl, get top class in all hotels we pass by, until we go home…That sound awesome!” shouted Naruto, a gleeful look on his face.

Rayne giggled and patted his yellow hair. Blinking she continued to touch it and touched her own hair, “Why is yours so much softer than mine?”

Sakura blinked for a bit and copied her as well, gasping she asked the same thing, causing Naruto to blush a thousand different shades of red. “Uh…”

“Maa, maa, leave Naruto-kun alone and let’s head out,” Stated Kakashi, with a sort of jealous look on his face.

Rayne frowned a bit and nodded, going around Gaara’s desk, she hugged the Kazekage and whispered, “Thank you, and take care.” Though he shouldn’t have expected anything less she licked his cheek and quickly ran out of the door, laughing throughout the way.

Kakashi seemed to stare, and stare…and stare before he shook himself and looked back at the Kazekage, “Is…she always like that?”

“I have no idea; however during her stay with her friend she seemed to find herself into…difficult situations due to her…odd greetings.”

“M hmm…Oh, then we should stand right next to her shouldn’t we…?”

They were quiet for a second before Naruto and Sakura rushed out of the door, Naruto waving at Gaara who had a smile on his face, “See ya later Gaara!”

Rayne had walked, or more like ran, out of Gaara’s office when she found the ninja she licked earlier. He seemed to freeze before he ran away with amazing speed. “Wait, comeback here I just want ta hug ya!” She ran after him, some citizens and ninja’s moving to the side to allow her passage to her victim. She had easily cornered him in an alley way when she appeared in front of him. He had braced himself when he felt arms wrapped around him. Opening his eyes he looked down to see the Latin nut hug him tightly before releasing him, “Thanks for enduring my randomness and see ya later!” She, instead of licking him, kissed him on the cheek before she ran out of the alley way. He touched his cheek and blushed brightly before walking out of the alleyway and running to another direction.