Chapter 8: New Partner and Mission

It hasn’t been a full day and Shakirie was already at her wits end with the annoying Tobi/Madara. Ignoring the fact that he could kill her without even blinking she had begun to hate the annoying squirt. As of now she had been with the Akatsuki for four days, either testing her powers, or going on low class missions with separate members. Right now she was with Deidara and Tobi as they continued to go through a small town, she was actually surprised for the moment on where they were heading.

It was actually another town that was near Takumi Village but she had already asked that they wouldn’t be crossing it at all throughout the mission. The mission they had was a simple retrieval mission in the Land of Rivers, more importantly in one of the outpost. Sighing loudly she fixed her Akatsuki cloak near her neck and continued to walk through the forest.

Tobi was once more hopping around excitingly about the mission, especially with the new team member with them. “’Rie-chan!!! Hurry up and let’s go!!!” He shouted nearly four miles ahead of them. Deidara seemed to already develop a permanent twitch from the excessive idiot, but since she had her own personal experience with idiots she simply ignored him, but still flew to his side in a matter of seconds, leaving poor Deidara behind.

He sputtered for a second before he shouted, “You’re just going to leave me here, yeah?!?”

Stopping, Shakirie turned around and raised a brow, “Da.”

Tobi giggled right beside her as he simply took her hand and began to drag her to another interesting looking tree that had a squirrel on it…why was the squirrel covering its nose?

Lifting her own noes she began to sniff the air before she too covered it, "La naiba, ce e cu mirosul ăsta?" Shit, what's that smell?

Tobi tilted his head before he smelled the air and froze on sight, “YUCK THAT SMELLS HORRIBLE!!!” he screeched.

Walking closer to the tree, Shakirie began to look around and decided to walk deeper into the forest, “I’m going to find out what that is, stay here Tobi.” She ordered and it seemed that this was one order that he would gladly obeyed.

Ignoring him, she covered her nose with a sleeve and began to walk ahead. The trees were not at thick as she had expected, in fact if she was to look around even closer she could swear that it was slowly turning into a small haven of meadow with long green grass and tall thin trees. Removing her sleeve she could clearly smell whatever that was near here and began to venture even further. Suddenly a snap echoed in the area as well as a whimper and howl of clear pain.

Locating the cry, she began to run to the sound only to hear other cheerful cries, “Finally caught the thief.”

“Took us a week but we finally have you,” muttered another before a thud and yowl echoed even closer.

Glaring at the potential idiots that got on her nerves, she made her way to the loud voices and suddenly appeared. They were two young men, one tall and skinny the other short and brawny, both looked equally stupid to her. Both of them had their back to her as they continued to punish whatever animal they had caught. Not even bothering with the formal introduction she simply pushed her way through them both and paused to see something that cause the very area to spark and dance with electricity.

In front of her is a poor old looking wolf that was one hundred percent unique. Red fur, with a black muzzle and legs and a small white tail lay pathetically to its side as it struggled to get up. On its leg was a clamp that had its left back leg caught. It was a Maned Wolf, also known as the skunk wolf.

Growling under her breath, she turned around to face them and smirked when she saw them both pale as they recognize the cloak she wore. Smiling even wider she flared flames all around her as she made the fire swirl and surround the two people. Their screams of terror seemed to spread far across the fields as the birds and animals ran away from the group. However; small whimpers made her look back as she saw the wolf cower from her as the flames continued their dangerous dance. Blinking she simply swipe her hand to the two, kicking up the wind and fire and successfully pushing them far away…possibly to another country but she could care less.