Chapter 24: Getting to Know You

Everything seem to fall apart as Shakirie stared at Itachi for what seemed to be an eternity. The blond could not believe what she had heard come from the Uchiha and with a shuttering voice, she asked with disbelief, “W-What?”

Dark eyes looked into worried blue ones before he repeated what he said earlier, “Our location has been compromise. The Village is now searching for you near our borders. Pein-sama gave us strict orders to evacuate and meet near the Wind’s border lines.”

“What about Deidara?!” she shouted. She couldn’t believe yet that Ryuu had now found her. Thinking about the brainwashing technique that he performed on her caused her to shiver. Death growled in the back of her mind, gold eyes slowly becoming red with rage at the thought of the Village Hidden in the Ash.

Itachi stared at her before shaking his head slowly, “There is nothing that we can do, Shakirie.”

Biting her lower lip, she shook her head, “No… we can’t leave him…” she whispered before running towards the dark haired man. Grabbing his arms, her blue eyes began to grow hot, “He’ll kill him, Itachi! I don’t want to lose my first friend here in this world!”

Though she knew he was listening to her, it seemed that nothing would deter the stubborn man from his new orders, “We must go, gather only the essentials, we leave in five.” With that said, he turned around, leaving the distraught vessel of Death.

Heart pounding, she marched around her room, both her animal companions staring at her with a look of worry. Shakirie could not understand nor figure out how to save her first friend in the Naruto world without being caught by Ryuu-sama. Pacing around, she glared around her room. Looking around she found herself staring at the pale white wall. “Death…”

I’m listening…

“Can we save him?”

…I’m not sure… However, if we have Life on our side… it may be possible.

Giving the dragon a glare she shook her head, “You know that’s a horrible idea. Knowing her luck she would actually see Ryuu first and be friends with him.”

Death stared at her for a moment before sighing, That is possible, however, both you and I know for a fact that we need Life to help us save your… friend.

Shakirie looked at the dragon that lies inside her before sighing loudly, “Fine, you make a good point… but what about Itachi? We both know that he is less likely to agree with us.”

Then we must… persuade him…

Pff, yeah, her persuading the great, and devilishly handsome, Itachi Uchiha was near to zero. Though they seemed to develop a more… trusting friendship than she realized, he was still a bit distant to her. Going over to her dresser, she found her bag and discover that she still had the same bag she bought while she was in the Sand Village. Opening it she found her journal that she had written in, held both her missions and her adventures so far. With a smile, she sat on the bed and read through it.

For nearly ten minutes she read before the door knocked and Itachi walked through, a satchel over his shoulders, “It’s time.”

Glancing from her book to the stoic man, she gave him a sharp nod, and threw all her important belongings into it. Checking her room one more time, she walked with the Uchiha out of her room, hawk gliding next to them and wolf walking by them, and soon began to run down the hall. Suddenly a massive explosion ricochet around them, nearly tripping Shakirie as she ran. Itachi cursed under his breath as he dodge another fallen debris, “They seem to have gotten desperate in obtaining you,” he muttered, dodging another some more rubble.