Chapter 23: How I Came to Be

The sound of the wind beating against the window, howling loud and hard, woke Rayne up. In her room were two does and a stag, sleeping peacefully near her while she stared at the glass window. The storm was a strong one, the rain pelting it harshly. Glaring a bit, she rolled back to her side, determined to fall right back to sleep. Suddenly, a loud boom burst across the room, jolting all four of them wide awake.

Sighing loudly, she rolled back to her side, watching as the deer settle back down. “I still don’t know how you three got into my room…”

The reason why they are in you room is due to the fact that you left the back door opened… again.

Smirking, she mentally shrugged, “Whoops.”

She laid there for a moment longer before rolling up, grumbling, “Well I’m not going back to sleep anytime soon.” She stated loudly before jumping to her feet, heading towards the door, “I’m just gonna have some tea… maybe a cookie if we still have some left.”

Using the wind, she lifted herself off the ground, avoiding all the squeaky steps that lay on her path as well as avoiding all forms of traps that both Shikamaru and Shukaku left to protect the house. So far, she and Ghosty have been staying at the Nara for about a week, and it hasn’t been that bad. After Shikamaru killed… well sort of killed Hidan he’s been a bit in a better mood, he even tried, tried, to teach me Shogi. After that week, Rayne had to visit Tsunade before going over at Ichiraku’s and joining Naruto for a bowl or two.

Turning down a hallway Rayne smiled when she saw the familiar door to the kitchen around the corner. Soon she made my way to the cabinets before pulling out some blue berry tea that Rayne discovered while wondering the village. As the water started to heat in the pot, she looked outside to see the water still pounding.

“Wonder how Shakirie’s doing?”

She looked well for someone who Ryuu had captured. Perhaps we should had brought here with us as well.

“No, you know why she wouldn’t go with us…” she whispered, putting the tea bag in the now boiling water.

It was quite in the mind scape before he stated in a calm voice, She cannot change their fates.

“Probably, but she’ll die trying and there’s nothing that we can do to stop her,” with that said, she pulled out the tea bag, dumping it in the trashcan, before sitting down in the living room.

In the living room was a simple green couch that sat in front of a window where a radio on one of the many tables as well as a shogi board. Contemplating for a small moment, she touched the wood floor ground, forming a male body figure. The figure grew to her height before glowing green eyes opened.

“I’m surprise you would attempt to do that while here at the Nara’s,” the Life whispered before waving his hands to the ground, pulling out a large table. “However, let’s not play shogi, but a simple game of chess.

With another wave, the table sprouted a chess board made out of bark while the white and black squares were red and green that were made out of leaves while the chess pieces were made out of ice, one made out of snow and ice, the other clear ice. Life leaned back against the air, watching as Rayne settled herself across the other table. Knowing that her side was snowy white instead of a clear, it was her move first. Lifting the first pawn she began.

For the past few minutes, they continued to go back and forth with the game, soon Ryan grew annoyed with the silence before she looked up, “So… how did you get inside of the stone?”