Chapter 37: Paradise

A few weeks have gone by since the dinner, November now hitting and only Shakirie and Rayne sat alone in Rayne's home. Both were silent as they stared at the papers before them. Rayne was glaring at them, "Shit," was the only thing she said.

For the last few days, both had been staying in the same house, writing down every single change they could muster as well as the old chapers from what they could remember.

Shakirie looked completely depressed as she held her head in her hands, "I can't believe how close we are to this damn war." Lifting her head, she sighed, "So far, so much shit had happened this last week."

Rayne leaned against the wall, eyes closed, "From removing the sickness from Itachi, Orochimaru's influence, and Naruto disappearing and reappearing from his meeting with the toads..."

"But what else can there be?!" shouted Shakirie as she punched the table in half.

"I don't know. It's been so long since we've read the mangas..." Rayne whisperd. "I remember Gaara's speech and Naruto having to go to some sort of Island with Bii... but."

"We don't know when it is," grumbled Shakirie as she grabbed her drink, swishing it so that the ice clinked together. "From what I can remember, the hokages will meet again, where I don't know."

"I can't believe I thought the summet that I went to was that meeting..."

"But it wasn't," groaned Shakirie, "With all these changes that occurred, I don't think our knowledge will do much."

Rayne frowned and leaned back, "But the war... It begings on October 8th... It's already November 15th."

Shakirie fell on her back, glaring at the ceiling, "Let's recap, so Madara, aka Tobi, aka, Obito, shouts for war, forcing all the villages to combind together in order to protect the Naruto and Bii that was dicussed during the last meeting of the Kages at some random place."

"In which both will begin their training, mainly help Naruto in controlling the Kyuubi or Kurama," Rayne stated.

"Which he successfully does, but during that time, the villages will gather their supplies together and meet at some random location that I can't remember." Grumbled Shakirie.

"Gaara makes his epic speech and soon are split up and faces the enemy," Rayne added.

"However," Shakirie began, sending a glance to Rayne, "We have a new enemy and not just the real Madara and Obito, with Hai-hagakure threatening us as well as the white plant man, the ball game just changed."

"And I won't be there," whispered Rayne, "I'll be with Naruto and Bii, protecting them while you and the others fight."

"I'll be taking care of of the Village Hidden in the Ash," stated Shakirie as she pulled herself up. "I'll cut every single one of them down and make sure they don't join the war."

"If we can keep that up," Rayne smiled, "Then maybe the war will follow the path and we can make sure that Naruto wins."

"But we don't know that!" shouted Shakirie, "We never finished reading it! The last fucking thing I can remember is Gaara's speech, after that is nothing!"

Rayne stood up, shouting, "Who cares! We're here to make sure that nothing bad will happen and we will!" she pointed to her chest and to Shakirie, "We're Life and Death! Our spirits in our stones can help us! Especially yours since you can summon him from your stone!" She looked away, "Unlike me..."

Shakirie placed a hand on the other's shoulder, "Hey," Rayne looked up, "You'll figure it out. You still have a few more weeks to get things straight and who knows, maybe with Naruto and Bii, you'll be able to summon Life and join me in protecting the people."