Chapter 20: Trapped

Everything was so quiet now at the base…

…Too quiet for her liking. Its’ only been a few since Rayne had left with Deidara and for some reason the base had gone eerily quiet. Walking around near the destroyed wall that the Latin had apparently busted through… using Kisame as a wrecking ball apparently… she looked outside to see the birds flying around the city as the smog filled air surrounded the buildings. Leaning further out she looked down to see the dizzyingly distance between her and the ground before she leaned back a few and walked away from the wall.

A snort appeared in the back of her mind as Death crawled out of the shadows. For the past few hours he too had been quiet as he constantly thought about the brainwashing that had silenced him for a few days.

It’s ironic that you are afraid of heights when you yourself are used to unbelievable altitude in the air.

Shakirie glared at him before she turned fully back and walked down the hallway, “Oh shut up.”

I have been silent long enough human, he growled. She could feel his golden eyes stare at her back as she continued to walked down the hall where her room was,  You insane friend is correct. You know what is to become of these humans that you cherished so much. Why do you stay?

Stopping, she looked around to see if anyone as around before jogging the rest of the way, whispering in her mind, ‘You know why!’

His fate has been sealed long ago Shakirie…there is nothing you can do to stop Death.

When she appeared in front of her door, she opened in with a tight grip to the knob before slamming it shut, the bang of the door echoing in the hallways. ‘You are DEATH! You can stop it from ever happening!’

Death is a beautiful thing to approach worm! It is comfort and peaceful, regardless of how you parish in the living world!

Sneering at him, she marched to her bed before she threw herself to the thick mattress. Once she closed her eyes, her mind eye fully opened to reveal the massive black and red dragon that towered over her. “I don’t care if he dies in the series Death! We have a chance to save all those who will die!”

“Then this world’s stability is thrown out of balance! Everything happens for a reason and changing that to your desire will change the whole outcome that will come to past!” he snarled, jaws snapping in agitation.

Marching around in the darkness, Shakirie glared right back at him, “It doesn’t matter what will happen in the future, with what we know we can change that! In fact we can change it now!” Closing her eyes she began to force herself to go back to the waking world, “If I kill Tobi, who is really OBITO, I can change everything, no Third Shinobi War, and Naruto will be free as will the remaining Jinjuriki.”

Suddenly something sharp scratched her arm and she jolted out of her trance and she was found fact to face with Death, his gold eyes glowing unnaturally in the blackness, “Changing the world’s outcome is not the reason why you have been brought here human.”

“Then what is!” she shouted, pushing the sharp scaled neck away from her body, “I know that Rayne and I have some big part in this world, but it wasn’t very specific!”

Hissing, he bent away a bit from her, “Think carefully human, what has happened that was never part of the show that you were so used to seeing.” Slithering away from her, the black mist that had constantly formed around them began to swallow up his body, his head fading in the darkness while his eerily glowing eyes continued to shine, “Before you act so foolishly in your desire to save a single human life look through your memories first.”