Chapter 34: Rumors Equals Annoyance

She needed to run.

But where?!

Rayne's head swerved to and fro, people watching her in fascination. Her expensive yellow and sakura petal kimono had several ripped around her legs and waist while her hair that was usually straight was a complete mess.

Turn down this alleyway and into the shop

She dove into the alley and slam the door open to the shop. The store clerk jumped from his spot, "Oh, Rayne-sama, how can I assist you?"

Seeing the man, she rushed over to him, gripping his kimono, "Exit, now!"

Blinking several times, he pointed to the door to the right side of the room. In her mind, she could hear the angels singing as she ran to the door, she could even see the frame turn solid gold and sparkling in the lighting...

Then she couldn't move...

"Shadow Possession complete."

Her body began to move on its own as she turned around and began to walk out. In front of her, controlling her body, was Shikamaru Nara.

"YOU JACKASS! WHEN I GET OUT OF THIS JUTSU I'M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!"

He just ignored her.

Walking out of the store, she was faced with the demon who wouldn't stop chasing her. Gulping, she gave a weak smile, "Y-Yoshino...A pleasant surprise..."

A hand suddenly grip her kimono and Yoshino's crazy dark eyes met her frighten ones. Her dark brown hair that was usually tied back was in a nice bun while her kimono remained flawless.

"Rayne-chan, I believe we have an appointment at the spa for you to get ready," she literally picked up the teen before pulling her down the street, "You do have an appointment with Hiashi at the Hyuuga Compound.

"That's for tomorrow!"

"Which is why we need to start preparing today!" she smiled cheerfully as she dragged the Vessel of Life down the street.

Shikamaru sighed and released the shadow, stating, "Troublesome," before turning around. However, he tips over the ground, landing painfully on his face while Rayne laughed in the distance.

Through the painful massage and manicure, Rayne was finally settling in the hot springs next to Yoshino. So far they were the only ones due to the fact that most are still cleaning up the village. Even with her help, the process was still slow, but now as slow as the manga.

Sighing, she sunk even deeper into the waters, "I've never really experience this type of relaxation."

Blinking, Yoshino frowned, "Didn't you have a hot spring at your village?"

Rayne chuckled, though several people know her and Shakirie's status of being from a different dimension, they preferred it not being common knowledge. "No, not really. In fact, having to share a bathhouse was considered taboo." Seeing her look of shock, Rayne smiled, "But there were other villages near us," which was across the world, "That doesn't mind at all and are actually proud of it."

Sinking further, she felt her hair swaying in the waters, picking up several strands, she gave a slight frown, the tips were now orange instead of purple... how long has she been in this world?

For almost half a year

"That long huh..." she whispered before looking at Yoshino, "Did you know that the tips of my hair were dyed purple?" She picked up the strands, showing the orange tips, "But I guess they faded away, is there a way to dye your hair, oh I don't know, blue or green?"