Chapter 30: Healing Hours

Several hours had passed after Lady Tsunade woke up from her coma. As of right now, she began to regain control of her village as well as began reconstruction. Enlisting the help from villages in the Land of Fire and within weeks, help began to arrive. As of right now, Rayne and Yamato were working side by side. Yamato worked with official buildings while Rayne build restaurants and houses.

Rayne was finishing up another building when a cough caught her attention. Turning around, she found Sasuke caring materials to the building next to her. Sitting down underneath a restored tree, Rayne moved her hand about to create a small ice glass filled with icy water.

"They make it look so easy in the show," she muttered.

The young Uchiha raised a brow before dumping the materials next to her, "Tsunade wants us to restore the school as well as the outer homes of the village."

Groaning, Rayne fell backwards and glared at the blue sky. "Just because I volunteer to help in rebuilding the village doesn't mean she can order me around." Taking the ice glass she tossed it to the sky, "I'm not even a citizen... I think I am Suna's citizen though," she muttered.

Rolling to her stomach, she kicked up her legs and smirked at the teen, "So... what's it like being back after three years?"

With a lazy blink, he turned around and walked away. Gaping at the emo, she jumped up and shouted, "Don't ignore me!"

He turned around, and with a smirk, disappeared into some leaves. Rayne's brow twitched before she shouted, "When I can't up to you I'll kick your ass!" With a kick, she twirled around in the air before gliding in the sky.

The air was cool now, not to hot and humid like it was a few days ago. Rayne hovered for a while, it seems that they could have been here for about half a year now. With the cooling air, they could be either heading for fall or winter. Since they were near their equator, it was hard to tell.

Looking at the village, she shivered. Compared to the manga and anime, the damage was a thousand times worst. The ground was shredded and mauled by both Naruto and Pein attacks. Buildings lay scattered as well as shrapnel from weapons were found every so often. It had become a hazard to children that it was recommended to civilians to remain out of the massive crater.

Floating towards the left side of the village, she found the broken down school that was a makeshift hospital. After the attack, half of the building had collapsed on top of others. Settling down to the ground, she cleaned off the dirt from her shorts and shirt.

Immediately she was greeted by Iruka who held a check list. "Rayne, finally you've arrived. We need your help in creating supports for the school. No matter how much we try, it seems to keep collapsing."

"Alright, just lead me towards the area." Following the man was a bit of a hassle. With people milling about, heading towards areas to assist in, Rayne would accidentally crash into another. After the eighth person, she yelled, "Oh come on!" With that shout, she jumped into the sky and glided around everyone. Iruka turned his head to see her right above him.

"It's over here," he stated, ducking into the building.

Floating inside, she frowned. All the desk had been over turned during the attack. Some had been thrown to the wall, shattering on impact and leaving splintered wood everywhere. The blackboard no longer existed and the only thing that remained was the chalk that were scattered over the floor, broken.

Rayne was lead down a little few more meters before she found the collapsed hall. In front of the collapsed hall was Gai Sensei and Lee. Both had their arms crossed, glaring at the walls. Lee was the first to turn around an greeted them.