Chapter 26: Siblings Fight

The world around was a bit fuzzy. Rayne could have sworn that there was a soft voice in the back of her mind. Constantly trying to gain her attention through shouting, or roaring, but for some reason it was not reaching her. An itch agitated her throat before she leaned to the side to give a loud cough and hack as she slowly began to become wary of her surroundings.

Blinking a few times she found herself looking around before noticing that something light and soft covered her form and she looked to find a soft white linen covering her. Confused, she looked again to see that she was inside a white room filled with hospital gear and materials.

“Great… I must have tried to jump off the Hokage Mountain again and failed to fly.”  She grumbled slightly before pushing herself into a sitting position. Rubbing her eyes, she asked, “Hey Life, mind telling me what happened?”

Silence. That’s all that she heard. Frowning, she crossed her arm, “Alright what did I do this time to make you mad? If it’s about Neji, I was joking about the whole dating thing.”

Nothing. Soon she began to panic a bit and she struggled to find the entity that was inside her mind. “Life? Hello, you there?” The familiar voice did not answer and withing a single second she began to panic. “HELLO! LIFE! COME ON ANSWER ME!”  Digging even deeper into her mind she found it hollow, the familiar landscape of water was completely gone, including the massive form of Life himself. Jumping off the bed she called out again, feeling entirely helpless as she shouted his name over and over.

Inspecting back of her hand she found the same stone, but the glow was gone and in its place was a black marble that taunted her. She tried to scrape it off only to discover that it was not paint nor was it any type of prank. Looking around frantically she began to notice subtle things about the room around her. Any hospital room in Konohagakure would have had a window viewing the outside allowing the sounds of twittering birds to annoy their patients. Not only that, she knew for a fact that either Shikamaru or Neji would have been by her side. Shikamaru complaining and Neji reprimanding her for her foolish actions that might have caused her to be in the hospital. There was no windows, no familiar faces, and most importantly… WHERE WAS THE DOOR?!

It was then that she found the missing door to be disturbing and she quickly ran towards the clear empty wall. “What the… where is the door?” she muttered before feeling around for any cracks or ridges that would be on the sides of it. Glaring hotly at the wall, she shouted, “That’s it!” Lifting her hand into a fist, she threw it to the door only to suddenly have something wrap around it.

“I would highly advise in hitting the wall… especially in your condition.”

The sudden voice caused her to pull away from the stranger and slam into the door. Creating a loud thud as she turned around and push her back into the wall. Right in front of her was a red headed stranger. His dark brown eyes was watching her carefully as she finally push herself away from the wall, but carefully stared at him. It was then that something jogged her memory, the image of red hair glowing in the moonlight brush against her thoughts and she glared.

“You… you kidnapped me,” Rayne accused as she moved away from the wall but gently circled around.

The man followed her movement with calm eyes, “We took you from a war like country and away from other nations that wish to use your ability.”

“What do you mean?” she asked, however something once more touched her thoughts, but this time she remained silent, waiting for him to speak, but something was brought to her attention, “How did you get in here?”

He gave her a small smile, “To answer your first question, I have always been here. Actually I was sitting right on the chair by the window.”

“Window?” It was then that she saw the window. A perfect scene of a meadow overflowing with flowers of all colors. Blinking quickly she glance around to find the prison like area transform into a more friendly looking room with a simple lake painting and a large oak door where the blank wall stood before.  Completely confused she gape and stuttered, “How?”