Chapter 17: From One Place to Another

When she first woke up, Rayne thought that she was hallucinating. The area around her was blank and the sheer white nearly blinded her before she grew used to it. For a moment she only stared at the world around her before she realized that she was standing on something that continued to wave underneath her. Once she looked down, she seemed to collapse and was pulled down, making whatever it was surround her like water. Struggling underneath it she finally opened her eyes to see that she was breathing. Seconds passed before she began to float up until she breached the waters... or what she believed was water.

 The warmth was very comforting as Rayne continued to float in the bright world. Warm water was cradling her as she drifted in the world. Her brown eyes continued to star at the white plane that continued on forever. Suddenly, after tilting her hand back into the water, she was suddenly able to touch the sandy floor making her realize that the water she was on was only a couple of feet. Standing up, she looked around to see that the water was glittered like it had stars while the white of the world was like snow. With the swishing sound of the water as she walked down the never ending plane, she could still feel the warmth in the air. For the past few hours she continued to walk, the water never clinging to her dress, before something appeared in the distance. It was a small island of earth that was covered in green moss and for some reason she was pulled towards it.

Taking few a single steps, her sandals tapping gently on the ground, she stood right in the middle. The island was only five feet wide and the ground hard enough to support her and not fall prey to the waves of the water. There she simply crouched down knees tucked under her chin as the rippling waters brushed against the small land mass.

How long do you plan to sit there little one?

The sudden voice made Rayne jump up to her feet as she looked wildly around. A soft chuckled echoed as the light male voice appeared once more, only it seemed to come beneath her. The small island rumbled and grew as it stretched out to reveal a large head of an earth dragon. It was literally colored of the earth, grey, brown, tan, with light green from the moss that grew around it. Its head was jagged a bit like the earth while a crown that seemed to represent a triceratops that separated into several sharp horns of earth. Sharp teeth of earth were clapped shut and a large gust of air exceled from it.

Rayne stared at it with shock as she realized that she was standing, or rather sitting, on its muzzle

Rayne stared at it with shock as she realized that she was standing, or rather sitting, on its muzzle. Looking down, she could see that the water around the area suddenly got deeper and darker since the rest of its body was hiding under the waves of the water. Shaking its large head, it opened its eyes to reveal aqua blue orbs that glowed with power.

Scared, she pushed herself away from the dragon, but the being merely tilted its head up to have a better look at her. The voice suddenly appeared once more as a low hum vibrated in the air, Please... do not be frighten.

Blinking, she looked down at the ocean before facing the dragon, "H-Hello."

Hello there, it's a pleasure to finally meet you.