Chapter 36: Last Dinner

Rayne was smiling brightly. It's been a few days since Shakirie's date and she had already had several picture developed from that date along with several others around Konaha. At the moment, she was placing them in a small album that she had made yesterday. So far she placed all the pictures from her short travel first, smiling as she stood next to Team Gai and in front of the Fire Temple's gates. After that were different pictures of different people from all around the villages. She tried to incorporate as much the team as possible, but she quickly ran out of film.

Closing the book, as she placed Shakirie and Itachi's picture in, she stood up. For today, she was going to wander around the village once more and buy a few things. She needed to spruce up her house since it was looking slightly boring. It was empty with no form of color at all. Maybe if she bought a nice landscape scroll and some flowers, it would liven it up. With her mind set, she grabbed her small purse filled with paper money, after changing some of the gold into that, she donned on her white kimono with red water lilies on and walked to the doors.

Walking out to her porch, she found quite odd. A bouquet of flowers sitting next to door. Blinking, she lifted the flowers gently, touching the petals. There was different type of flowers, some she couldn't even name, but they were very pretty. With a wave of her hand, a clay pot was created and she filled it with water. Placing the flowers in, she took it in her house and set it on a table. Smoothing out her kimono, she walked out of her home.

Walking through the village, a sudden thought passed her mind. She hasn't really sat down and talked to Shakirie in a long while. Just popping in with a hello, dodging several blast of fire, and waving with a good bye. She stopped walking, a slight frown on her face. When was the last time she truly talked to her friend? Making up her mind she had decided to visit Shakirie. With a nod, she walked slightly quicker. But then she began to notice something odd. While she was walking through the village, many were looking at her, whispering for some reason. When she glanced to a conversation, they would instantly hush and carryon their day.

Life was growling.

Approaching the Uchiha Compound, she simply walked in and knocked on the Main House's door. Behind the door, Deidara answered. Raising a brow, he asked, "Looking for Shakirie?" She nodded. "You missed her, she already left to the Forest of Death and won't be back till around 11."

She frowned. She was hoping to talk to her, but maybe if she headed towards the Forest of Death, she can catch her. Lifting her wrist, she stared at the small clock. It was nine... and besides... she'll probably wait for Itachi. Heh... I guess she was the third wheel. Her frown turned into a sad look.

Deidara suddenly spoke, "If I remember correctly, you like art, yeah?" He rushed inside and within a few moments came right back out, "I've been wanting to practice some new design on my art with simple clay. I have a few sketch pads and charcoal, so if you want to join that would be great."

Smiling, she nodded and soon they were off. Maybe this can take her mind off the sudden dark thoughts.

As she was talking with Deidara, she began to hear the whispers but looking around, she could see them glaring. But not at her, oh no, but at Deidara. The blond was in his own world though, talking to her of the different art styles in the throughout the continent, and completely oblivious to the looks.

When they found a spot, the third training field. It was currently empty, and they decided to settle next to the lake. With a small pop, Deidara handed her the sketch pad and charcoal while he began to mess with his clay. They sat there for a few hours, talking of the different animals he could create and she would sketch out several forms.

Suddenly though, she felt someone approaching and she placed the charcoal down and looked up. In the distance, she could see Kiba on top of Akamaru, both of them approaching at a rapid pace and smiling brightly.