Chapter 14: Learning and Meeting

The sun’s warm light flickered across Shakirie’s face as the curtains were gently blown. Though the apartment was on the second story and facing another building she was able to grab some of the cool winds that tend to breeze through the mountains and buildings. A soft rumble echoed in the distance giving a warning of the incoming rains that would appeared later in the day. A quite huff to the edge of her bed let her know that Red was slowly waking up. Easing herself to her elbows, long blond strands of hair falling to the side of the bed, she looked outside. The sun was already up and glowing behind the clouds, disappearing every so often in the clouds.

A knock on her door let made her look to the right, “Yes?”

The door opened to reveal Chiyo, or Chi Chi as she liked to be called. She had on a simple white dress and light blue apron on that had some flour still caked on the edges. Her greying pulled back in a bun while her glasses lay near the edge of her nose. Fixing her glasses, she smiled, “Good morning Kirie-chan!”

A soft smile appeared on Shakirie’s face, giggling at the fact that she’s using a nickname that she grew annoyed with. She was twenty-two years old! She didn’t need one! She tried to explain it to Chi-Chi but it seems that nothing would sway her from using her new name.  Putting a few blond strands behind her ear, she gave Chi-Chi a small bow, “G-mornin Chi-san.”

The old woman sighed but gave her and encouraging smile, “We’ll get you speaking proper Japanese by the end of this week hopefully, though you are quite a fast learner.”

“’Cept wit readin,” the blond muttered with a frown.

A hard smack on her back made Shakirie flinch. Chi-Chi had just walked into her room and gave a smack to the back for reassurance…it stung. “Don’t worry! You’ll have it down in no time!” With another hard smack Chi-san left the room with a smile, closing the door behind her.

Shakirie watched the door closed and she gave the door a blank stare, "Cred că stau aici pentru câteva zile în plus aici ar fi în valoare de învățare cum să citească." I guess staying here for a few extra days’ here would be worth learning how to read. Getting off the bed she walked to the dresser and pulled out a dark navy blue sweat pants and a black T-Shirt. She still refused to dress in those dresses that Chi-Chi keeps getting her since they are all PINK! Shakirie shuddered as she remembered a particularly frilly one. She had to run to B in order to avoid the dress.

Red, who hopped down from the bed, walked towards the door, waiting. With a smile, she opened it and watched as the maned wolf walked towards the kitchen. Closing her door, the spy joined the two in the kitchen to have breakfast before starting their reading lessons. It’s been a week since Shakirie infiltrated Kumogakure and so far she has learned quite a few things aside from reading. She discovered that B and Yugito had harsh childhood lives, though not as bad as Naruto or Gaara, but still bad. Throughout their career they had both grown strong mentally…and physically.

Though she tried to keep her face as neutral as possibly as she ate she mentally growled at her weakness, compared to the two Jinjuriki she was hopelessly powerless against them both. She couldn’t train while she was here in the village, the old lady and the other two jailors were keeping a close eye on her. She didn’t know how long she had before they discover her, but she knew she couldn’t stay for long.

“At least you understand that much,” huffed Death.

Shakirie blinked before taking a sip of her orange juice, ‘Of course I knew that, the only problem I have is finding a good escape route.’

The dragon sneered, “You could simply fly away into the night without making a single sound, and no one will be able to trace you if you fly a few thousand feet into the air.”