Chapter 33: Expect the Unexpected

Rayne shifted the angle of the plane with Shikaku's guidance as they made their final decent into the Kage Summit. Knowing that their reaction to the contraption that she had created would more than likely attack them, Rayne decided to have an early decent at least five miles away from the place.

Unstrapping herself, she stood in front of the shinobis and gave a small laugh, "Well, I have a bit of bad news." All eyes were on her, coughing slightly, she touched the side of the wall, "I haven't perfected the landing part of the plane and we have to drop in about thirty seconds from roughly fifteen hundred feet."

Tsunade stood up and shouted, "What?!"

Rayne though raised her hand, "Don't worry, I'll control all of you as we land so please do me the favor and stand up from your seat." Waiting, she watched as they stood and she tapped her foot to the ground, causing all the chairs to morph into boards. "Step on the boards and we'll begin our decent, I would suggest using chakra to stick to them." Going to Shikaku, she smiled, "You too Mr. Lazy."

Ignoring the grumbling ninja, she closed her eyes, counting, "Okay, fifteen seconds, ten seconds," touching the wall, she focused her plane to fall apart below them, "Five... four... three... two... one!"

Instantly the bottom ripped open, causing the shinobis to free fall. Spreading her arms wide, she turned to her plane and gave a wave. Leaves fell off, wood turned into sawdust, vines simply fell off. In a matter of seconds, her plane vanished.

Facing the ninjas, she spread open her hand, eyes glowing green, she began to create branches that intertwine with one another forcing them to form together until they were on a massive platform. With another wave of her hand, she pulled the wind underneath the massive wooden plate until their decent began to slow.

Seconds, that all it took until every single shinobi was on the ground.

Tapping her foot to the wood, she melted it back into the ground until it was just them. Looking around, she found that a layer of snow had just finished off, giving the whole land a clean and innocent look.

Smiling, she put her hair behind her ears, "Okay, now that we're here, we better be off."

The walk was nice, not much chatting but it was fine for her at least. She needed to think anyway. Going over to Shikaku, she placed a hand on his arm, "I need to talk to Life, guide my body okay?"

Without even a concent, she closed her eyes.

And opened them to her mindscape.

"Life?"

The water before her rippled slightly as a massive dragon head rose from the water.

"Is there a reason as to why you are here, Rayen?"

Stepping closer to the larger form, she touched his earthy hide, "Its... what if this war is bad... that the changes we made completely effects the outcome of this war."

A deep him vibrated in her chest as Life spoke, "Do you regret saving the lives of Itachi and Deidara? Do you regret changing Sasuke's outlook on his brother?"

Rubbing her eyes, she shook her head, "No... but, everything's so different. Sasuke's eyes won't change, Amaterasu in nonexistent since Itachi still has his eyes, and all Obito has is Ryuu." Closing her eyes she sat on the water, pulling her knees close to her chest, she spoke, "I don't know what to do."

"Rayne."

Her head lifted and her brown eyes met glowing green ones, "Though the paths on many shinobis have been altered, you chose what you believe was right, even if both I and Death disagreed." His eyes glowed. Frowning, she was about to ask what he was doing when the water underneath her glowed,she saw Itachi and Sasuke speaking to one another, walking down the street of the Konoha, she could see their small smiles, their eyes (those still troubled,) much more relax that ever.