Chapter 46: Out of Control

Swirling blast of fire and lightning danced across the fields, scorching every ounce of the forest until nothing was left behind. Explosions rippled the air before three forms stood stock still in the middle of the destruction.

Shakirie stood tall, her long blond hair swirling in the wind she created. Her lower armor around her legs and waist was long gone, shattered by the impacts of her enemy. Cuts and bruises had already begun to heal over as her glowing red eyes grew with a yellow ting. In one hand, sparked electricity and in the other glowed hot red from the flames that licked against her fingers. Both were itching to be released.

Next to her stood her closes friend, Rayne. Long black hair was burnt on the edges from the fire that had scorched the fields around. The battle kimono was tattered, revealing the mesh armor underneath that was covered with a thick armor of earth. Her breathing was slightly haggard due to her lack of stamina, but she kept her head high as both her elemental arm shields stayed firm on her.

Before them both was a creature formed of black, swirling smog that sporadically twitched with each movement. Three long tails swirled about, burning the air and releasing fumes that caused both girls to take slightly shorter breaths. Within this beast was the crazed man, Ryuu. His body still held its armor while his glowing red eyes danced with madness. No longer were they facing the man from hours ago, but a demon who threatens the balance in this story, in this war.

They needed to keep him away from Naruto and the others. From joining along with Madara and Obito. They knew this man was not part of this story, from Naruto's life. If he were to join then everything would change drastically, regardless of how much they changed it already.

However, they began to notice something.

This man was not rushing away from them, even after all the explosions that were in the distance. No, his main focus was on them. Nothing seemed to temp him, not the cries of battle, not the sudden blood lust, not even those massive explosions or the appearance of the bijuus.

Shakirie moves closer to Rayne, whispering, "Noticed anything weird?"

Rayne barely released a nod before the beast charged forward. Its claws stretched out, scorching the ground they had stood on. Leaping away several meters, Rayne threw her punch to the ground, sending a blast to where Ryuu stood.

"That thing, it only wants us," she stated before ducking from a blast of fire.

Shakirie grunts as she clapped her hand, a long vertical line of lightning slicing towards the beast. The thing leaped over it, before running on all fours right at them.

That was another thing that they noticed.

Ryuu was loosing himself to this beast form. His eyes that had glowed red now had snake like slits while black scales grew along side his face and lower arms. His cognitive thoughts began to regress to a more primal thought process. Only basic words along with grunts and roars reached their ears before it was completely barbaric.

Dodging another clawed attack, Shakirie took the initiative and took hold of the beast arm. Covering her hand with a blast of wind, she reached inside for Ryuu's arm and pulled. With a roar, she tossed the man to the ground, inflicting damage as she pulverize him with a blast of lightning.

Jumping away, she began to huff. Almost a three hours had passed as their fight with Ryuu dragged on. Rayne was already exhausted, barely able to keep up now and fully depending on Life to shield her from most of the damages that she couldn't defend against. Shakirie was better off. With her constant training, she is still able to hold out, but even she had her limits. For almost thirty-six hours, she had been fighting, and even with her rest from earlier, she was still tired.