Chapter 18: Learning

She was, by far, the most bored person as of right now in the village. For the past three days she’s been doing nothing but training, training, and more training! They made her do several laps around their gym as well as lift weights that weighed as much as twice her weight before she was forced to dodge several attacks from the ninja that were assigned to her. They even did sneak attacks while she was sleeping. After the first one came back scorched beyond belief they stopped for the first two day before they continued on the third.

This was her fourth day and the Yōgankage decided to grant her a break before they began strength training once more. Sighing loudly, she fell back on her bed, looking out at the window to see that she had a nice view of the volcano that drizzled magma every so often. The kage’s office was literally below her, just in case she decides to run. Lying flat on her face on the pillow, she listened as her wolf, Red, huffed, bored as well while Haruka gave a annoyed screech before settling on the bed frame.

“There’s nothing I can do guys,” she stated through mumbles because her face was directly on the pillows. “We even try to leave we’re screwed, even if we blow up the place, everyone’s screwed. How the hell am I supposed to get out?” She’s asked herself this question several times throughout her stay. Sure it was awesome to be somewhere new and better but… it felt like she was trapped.

For example, she wanted to wander around the village to see how they lived only to be followed by several shinobis, which she later on yelled at them before marching back to her room. Then when she wanted to train on her own, experiment with her powers, several scientists appeared each of them carrying equipment and monitor her every moves. They even bugged her room, which she fried at the same time with her electricity. Luckily she avoided having those annoying paper restraints that held her power at bay. When she finally was freed of it, Death roared at her, shouting and ranting for the next hour before she was mentally exhausted and fell right back to sleep where Death had greeted her again and ranted some more.

However what disturbed her most is what she overheard when she was practicing her vibrations. Since she couldn’t practice her more powerful moves, she Death decided to train her in honing her skills in observation and sensing. It was after breakfast that she returned to her room, crossed her legs, and opened every single one of her senses around her. Death had begun to teach her how to enhance her hearing through vibrations only to suddenly pause when she heard the kage’s voice underneath her.

She hand placed her ear on the marble floor, listening. Though the marble is made from the earth, she forced her way through the stone just to hear the soft like whispers from underneath her. The man seemed to be pacing to and fro before he paused and spoke, “There’s not much we can do.”

The other voice, which sounded like Daisuke, argued back, “But they’ll be here in hours!”

“We cannot let her be discovered yet!” he shouted, causing Shakirie to wince and rub her ear. “Those damnable countries will take her away from us before she’s fully prepared to take her responsibility and save us.” His voice suddenly got softer, “We may already be too late… the other one must have been taken already since we haven’t located her at all.”

Another voice a woman this time stated, “We will not give up Ryuu-sama. Our shinobis are searching through each country and had not been captured since.”

His voice grew low as he harshly whispered, “That may be true, but from our spies I’ve heard that Orochimaru is searching for her now.” It was quiet for a moment, “She had a run in with Sasuke Uchiha and a team of Sound Nin. They almost took her to their hideout before she escaped.” His voice grew harsh as he shouted, “We must find her!”

Since then she had begun to plan out an escape from the village in order for her to find Rayne, but she needed help now. Glaring at the window again she leaned towards the glass and sighed. The Akatsuki must have realized that she was missing by now. They would either classify her as dead but she knew that she had to go back. Sighing again, she banged her head against the window, and pulled back.