Chapter 39: Finding Life

Rayne sat in the largest clearing she could find. Her legs cross as her eyes remained shut. The ground and forest around her hummed with life but even that feeling was numbed out. For an unknown amount of days, she has been sitting in the same position, taking short breaks before returning to the clearing so that her mind can join Life and discuss and perform different strategies.

Other shinobis had offer their assistance. Iruka, and Motoi being the most frequent. B however simply stared at her and gave her small advises, silly advice but advice none the less. They told her that Naruto will be joining them soon. When, she didn't know but right now she didn't care.

Life was walking through the massive calm ocean. Rayne was sitting directly on his muzzle, staring forward, "Maybe... we can do what Itachi did to Shakirie."

"You have already tried that, against both the Rai Kage and several Leaf jonin. Regardless, I would react too quickly and protect you."

Rayne sighed, listening to Life as he waded through the waters. Sighing even louder, she fell on her back against the familiar, warm earth. "How are we going to do this. The only time that you were able to appear was either when I was in trouble or when I create a body for you."

"But it is not the same," Life spoke, "I am still within my spirit still resides in the stone unlike Death."

Rayne frowned and within moments a memory began to play within the waters.

Rayne was laying against one of the trees in the Forest of Death, a deep frown on her face. Throughout the whole day, almost twenty-four hours, she has been trying to summon Life. Neji had tried to help her, hearing what Itachi had to do to bring out Death, but with her unbreakable shield, it was useless.

Right now, she was alone, Neji offered to take her back to the Naras but she shook her head and was left here, even though she was not alone. If she stretched out her ability, she could feel the vibrations on several trees. She chuckled, even if they were shinobis, their heartbeats still gave it away with every bReath they took sent small vibrations within the trees and to her.

Suddenly, someone landed in front of her. Opening her eyes, she saw Shakirie staring down at her. With a light thump, she sat in front of her, legs cross.

"Still having trouble?"

Rayne sighed, "Yeah, I tried to follow what Life had said, making a connection between the Living World and this one with my mind, but I just can't picture it." She glared at the sky, "I thought I would see the rip like you did, but for some reason the sky still remains the same."

Shakirie hummed, "Well, maybe the openings are different. Maybe Death was able to appear from the sky because he's a flying dragon. If I remember, your's was an earth."

"Neji thought the same, so for a whole our, I held my hand on the earth, concentrating, but still nothing." Looking at Shakirie, she asked, "What did it feel like when you summoned Death?"

Shakirie whistled, "I don't even know where to begin. Itachi had this brilliantly stupid idea of nearly killing us both." She moved herself towards the same tree, leaning against it. "Above all, I was terrified."

Seeing her disbelief look, Shakirie laughed, "Oh yeah, me the great Shakirie, Vessel of Death, was terrified of dying. When we fell I didn't know what to do. I couldn't figure out where the ground was and throw wind to it, heck it didn't even register in my brain that I could easily form it with my mind. But," she stared at the sky, "I guess, in my subconscious, that Death was with me. I could feel it in my stone. The way the power surge through me." She lifted her hand to the sky, "I saw it, the rip, and I threw every single emotion that I felt into it, but most of all, I threw trust."