Chapter 21: Emergency Room

We arrived at the emergency room about 20 minutes later. Shane and I got out of the car and walked in. There was a lady at the reception desk.

Joey: Hi! Could we quickly see the doctor. My boyfriend may have a broken nose.

[Shane's POV]

Joey just called me his boyfriend in front of people... that was worth getting punched in the face for.

Lady: Good for you to, being proud of who you really are! Name?

Joey: Shane Yaw.

Lady: Take a seat and the Doctor will call you when he's ready.

Joey: okay thanks.

Shane and I sat down.

Shane: You just called me your boyfriend in public.

Joey: I wasn't just gunna call you my friend was I?

Shane: Can you do me a favour?

Joey: Yeah sure, what?

Shane: Can you vlog this on my phone, I want to add a bit of me in the emergency room to the video.

Joey: yeah!

I gave Joey my phone and he started to vlog.

Joey: This is what happens when Shane tried to scare me.

Shane: My nose....may....be broken.

Joey: Oops! We're now sitting in the emergency room aren't we?

Shane: Yup. Does my nose look...better?

[Joey's POV]

Shane took the ice cloth off his face for me to check if it looked better than before. There was blood still flowing from his nose and it had gotten really bruised since I last checked for him.

Joey: I wanna say it does look better...

Shane: Oh god, has it got worse?

Joey: Yeah...

Shane: Fuck.

I stopped recording Shane and gave the phone back to him.

Joey: How's it feeling?

Shane: Sore! I mean if the blood would stop it would be much better.

Joey: Wait, let me hold it.

I took the ice cloth from Shane and placed it back on, I applied pressure to the injury to hold back the blood. It was working and Shane was relieved. Normally I'm a queasy person, but I did this to him and wasn't thinking about the blood. I sat with him for a while waiting on the Doctor.

*5 Minutes Later*

A man in a white lab coat came out of a room beside us. He was holding a clipboard and walked over the lady that had spoken to us before. He turned around and looked towards all the waiting chairs. Clearly he was the doctor.

Doctor: Umm, Shane Yaw?

Shane and I stood up and the Doctor walked us into his office room. He checked Shane's nose and was waiting on results for if it was broken or not. The bleeding had stopped by then and Shane was still holding his nose in agony.

Shane: Oh I hope it isn't fucking broken.

Joey: Me too!

Doctor: All right Shane? So I have a little good news and bad news for you.

Shane: Oh no...

Doctor: The good news is your nose is not broken, it is just severely damaged and bruised!  The bad news is you have to wear this bandage on it to help it heal quicker.

Shane: Oh thank god!!

Shane kissed me he was that happy his nose wasn't broke. The kiss was really awkward in front of the doctor but he didn't seem to really care. The doctor then took the bandage out from his pocket and placed it onto Shane's nose.

Doctor: May I ask how this happened to your nose...I need to know to document it for you.

Shane: Oh umm, I tried to scare my boyfriend here and he got really scared and accidently punched me in the face.

Doctor: Ouch! Well you're free to go now.

Shane: Ok thank you!

We got out of the doctor's office and went back to the car.

Joey: How's the pain?

Shane: Fine now thanks.

My phone started ringing.

Shane: Who is it?

Joey: Sawyer.

Joey: Hello?

Sawyer: Hey! I'm outside your apartment, where are you?

Joey: Getting out of the emergency room.

Sawyer: HUH! What happened!

Joey: I accidently punched Shane in the face!

Sawyer: Wow! Is he ok?

Joey: Yeah yeah...he just has a severely bruised nose, thankfully that's all.

Sawyer: Ouch! Well I was hoping to hang with you guys but it'll take you a while getting back here.

Joey: I think Shane is going to try to sleep when we get back, I'll probably do the same.

Sawyer: Well I'll take to you later, C ya!

Joey: Byye!

I hung up the phone then started driving home. I got half way to the house and Shane had fallen asleep in the car. What is it with everyone falling asleep on me today!

[Shane's POV]

I woke up laying in bed. How did Joey get me here?! I checked the clock on the wall, 10:27pm. I stood up and walked into the living room, Joey was sitting on the couch with Luke.

Luke: Hey! How's the nose?

I had forgotten about my nose, I touched it and winced in pain.

Shane: Painful.

Luke: Joey showed me the footage of him punching you. He has quite a swing on him!

Shane: You don't have to tell me! I felt it!

Joey: Haha! Come sit.

I sat next to Joey on the couch. We all talked for a little while and Luke left shortly after.

Shane: How the hell did you get me up to bed!?

Joey: They don't call me Finnick for nothing!

I touched Joey's biceps, inspecting them. Definitely Finnick approved. We watched some random TV for a long time. Joey had re-positioned himself, now laying with his head on my chest. He fell asleep on me minutes later. I turned the TV off with the remote and cuddled up with him, then drifting off.