Chapter 64: Ring Shopping!

[Joey's POV]

My dad came back into the room with a bucket and put it next to the bed.

Joey: I guess that's for throwing up in?

My Dad: Yes...

Shane got a text...again!

Joey: Who is that?

Shane: Nicole!

Joey: Again?!

My Dad: Aren't you going shopping with her today?

Shane: Yup...

[Shane's POV]

I winked at Joey's dad...he knew that Nicole and I were really going shopping for Joey's engagement ring.

Shane: I won't go if you want me to stay Joey...

Joey: No go, I'll be sleeping most of the day anyways!

Shane: Are you sure?

Joey: Positive. Now go wait on her!

I bent down and hugged Joey...kissing him again in front of his dad would be weird, and he had puked again so. I just stayed in my clothes from last night, I didn't fix my hair or get washed.

Shane: Nicole, can you come pick me up at your dads so we can get the ring?

Nicole: I'll be right there!

As I was about to walk out of the room, Joey's dad pulled me out to the hall.

Joe: *whispers* It's for the ring isn't it?

Shane: Yeah...

Joe: I'll keep Joey occupied...

Shane: Thanks.

*10 Minutes Later*

I was out on the porch waiting eagerly for Nicole to arrive. Eventually she did and parked by the pavement outside the house. She rolled down the window and waved her hand as if she was telling me to hurry up and get in.

Nicole: Rough night?

Shane: What makes you say that?

Nicole: You're in the same clothes as last night!

Shane: With Joey being sick as you know...

Nicole: Have you got anything in mind for the ring?

Shane: Yeah...

Nicole: Let's go then!

*At the Jewellers*

We stood outside the store looking at the window display.

Nicole: O-M-G THAT ONE!

Shane: That's an engagement ring for a girl...I don't think Joey would be happy if I got down on one knee and proposed with that in my hand!

Nicole: Not for him! For me!

Shane: Who you planning on marrying?!

She started giggling and locked her arm in mine and dragged me into the store.

We looked around just browsing. She mostly had her eyes on the rings with the big diamond worth hundreds, while I tried to find rings that would be used for a gay couple. We looked clueless.

Store Attendant: Hi, can I help you with anything?

I sort of old woman approached me and Nicole.

Shane: Yeah...can you show us where the engagement rings for guys are.

She looked at Nicole astonished!

"Oh wow! You're going to propose!" She said to Nicole.

I started pointing to myself looking at her.

Shane: No I am!

Store Attendant: Huh?

Shane: I want to propose to my boyfriend!

Nicole: I'm here just to help him pick the best ring. His boyfriend is my brother!

Store Attendant: Oh, right this way then.

She brought us to a rather small display of rings, but these were the ones.

Store Attendant: We only provide a small collection of men's engagement rings because we don't get alot of people proposing to a man. If you need any help or you've chosen what ring you would like, I'll be at the counter.

Shane: Thanks.

I hovered over the display looking at each and every individual ring...until I saw it.

Nicole: See anything that you like?

Shane: Yeah!

Nicole: Which one?

I pointed to the ring and Nicole ran to the woman that had helped us a few minutes ago!

Nicole: HE GOT IT!

Store Attendant: Great!

They walked back toward me, Nicole was getting really excited!

Store Attendant: Which one?

Shane: That one! *Points to the ring*

The woman got the ring out and gave it to me to hold in my hand.

Nicole: Like it?

Shane: Yup, this is it!

Nicole noticed a sign on the wall.

Nicole: Engrave?

Shane: What?

Nicole: You can engrave rings?

Store Attendant: On certain rings...

Shane: What about this one?

Store Attendant: Yes, that can be engraved...

I told the woman exactly what I wanted on the ring and she told me to come pick it up in 2 days. I paid for the ring...the girl that serviced us was very judgemental that I paid with cash.

Nicole: I think I should pick it up for you? I'll bring it to you and then it won't be as obvious!

Shane: You're good with ideas...remind me to call you up when we're planning the wedding.

[Nicole's POV]

I knew there would be a wedding!

Nicole: Let's get you back to your soon-to-be fiancé!

_________________________________

Don't kill me! I know it's short and boring! The next chapter will cause you all sorts of feels/emotions so prepare for it!

Goooooooooobye!

Follow me on Twitter: @Joey4Shane

Follow me on instagram: Shoey Dawceffa

Follow me on vine: shoey dawceffa

Follow me on tumblr: shanedawson-joeygraceffa.tumblr.com