Chapter 106: It's Over.

[Joey's POV]

Shane: Who do you think it was?

Joey: I have no idea. I didn't see them, if it even was anyone.

Shane: So you think-

Joey: I probably fell. Most likely fell.

Shane: Are you sure?

Joey: Yeah, I think my mind was too busy thinking about something else for a second and led me to lose my balance.

Shane took the ice pack he had made for me off for a few seconds. "How is it?" he asked.

"Not as bad... it still hurts." I replied.

*Two Hours Later*

Shane was wondering around the apartment vlogging. I had stayed in the same exact position on the couch Shane had put me in for two hours. He had gotten me everything I asked him to get for me, my laptop being one of the things. I caught up on all the YouTube videos my friends made while me and Shane were on vacation. And I re-watched Lisa's.

Maybe she pushed me.

Shane stopped walking from room to room and pointed the camera at me.

Shane: How does it feel?

Joey: Fine.

He pointed the camera at himself again and talked. "I should explain. Joey, fell down the stairs in our apartment building. So now he has lazing around on the couch, all day since."

[Shane's POV]

Shane: Be right back. Don't move Joey!

Joey: Not funny Shane!

I went into the bedroom and let Alex out. He shuffled into Joey, tail wagging and tried jumping up on the couch.

"He's so small!" Joey lifted him onto the couch and messed around.

Shane: Careful he doesn't scratch you!

Joey: He won't!

Shane: You're hurt enough already.

Joey: Yay for me.

Alex licked Joey's bruising cheek, making Joey squeeze his face and wince, but after a few seconds he was laughing.

I ended my vlog and went to sit next to Joey on the couch with Alex.

Joey: I'm an idiot.

Shane: How?

Joey: That I don't remember what happened.

Shane: I think you were pushed.

--

[Joey's POV]

Two days later, my sprained ankle had eased and I was able to get back on my feet and doing things again. There was the occasional pain that wore off within minutes. Shane was invited over to Lisa's apartment, leaving me here in ours alone with Alex who was sleeping in his comfy little bed.

To be honest, I hate Lisa. I always have. Before me and Shane happened, I was jealous of her because she had Shane. I still get jealous of her now when she's with him. Trust was also a major factor in the reasoning to why I hate her. I thought she had left us alone after the drugging thing, but then the memory thing happened. Shane's being really friendly to her, and I don't like it at all. She's one of the few people I could accuse of pushing me down that staircase, although I had no proof of it I was certain it was her.

I lied to Shane. I told him "I probably just fell." I knew I didn't just fall. I lied so I didn't worry him, especially after what happened earlier that day with him. The flashbacks.