Chapter 78: On The News?!

[Shane's POV]

Stabber: Shit!

Joey: Have a good life in a cell...

An officer wrestled the guy to the ground, cuffed him and called another cop over for assistance. They dragged him to the police car, putting him in the back. There was a black car that came along with the police car.

Detective: Shane, what went on here?

Shane: We were putting the rest of our stuff in Joey's car because we're moving. I spotted him where we are now. Joey told me to call the cops...then Joey...had a talk with that asshole.

Detective: Looks like the talk got into a heated argument...that lead to a fight.

Joey: He pulled a knife! *Points at it*

Detective: And you fought it off of him.

Joey: I kicked it out of his hand! He was preparing to stab me!

Detective: You gave him a pretty bad beating.

Shane: Joey...your nose is bleeding.

I could see Joey was about to flip out! He kept himself in control and managed not to lose it by taking deep breaths.

Detective: Are you okay Joey?

Joey: Yeah...fine!

Shane: Hey! Stay still.

I used the top of my shirt to wash the blood off of Joey's face

Joey: Thanks Shane.

Shane: Do we have to go with you and give a statement?

Detective: No Shane, next time we'll need to interview you is when you go to court and get this guy sentenced!

A cop came running over to us!

Cop: You! *Points at Joey*Are you the one that punched him a few times?

Joey: Uh, yeah?

Cop: Are you wearing a ring?

Joey: My engagement ring *Looks at hand*Why do you ask?

Cop: Did you hit him with that hand?

Joey demonstrated what hand he punches with by swinging his arm in the air.

Joey: Yeah...

Cop: The ring has left deep gashes in his face...

Joey: And? He left a giant fucking gash in my boyfriend's stomach!

Cop: Because of the ring being counted as a weapon...he has the ability to press charges against you!

Joey: Is he going to?!

Cop: If he gets a lawyer that brings it up...

Joey: Surely something like this would end up happening! He fucking stabs someone but I can get charged for hitting him a few times!

Detective: We'll call you if something...is said.

Joey held my hand and walked us back over to the car.

Joey: This is such a freaking joke!

Shane: Hey, how lucky are we though that he was down at the garage at that time! We wouldn't have seen him ever! And if you didn't just beat the shit out've him, he would have gotten away from the cops...so don't let it bother you.

Joey: I just want to go to the new apartment now. Get the heck outta this-

Shane: Hell?

Joey: Exactly!