Chapter 71: But It's Shane!

[Shane's POV]

We had both almost finished editing the proposal vlogs.

Joey: I'm done!

Shane: I have a little bit more to do!

Joey: You know what, I think I'm going to call my parents now and tell them so I can post the vlog tonight!

Shane: Who are you going to tell first?

Joey: My dad since he knew you were proposing.

[Joey's POV]

*Call to dad*

Joey: Hi dad, it's Joey!

Dad: Hi, you know it's pretty late?

Joey: Yeah I know, but I have something really exciting to tell you that can't wait til tomorrow!

Dad: What?!

Joey: Shane proposed! I said yes!

Dad: Congrats to you and Shane, Joey! Have you told your mom?

Joey: No, I wanted to tell you first.

Dad: Well I'm sure she'll be very happy for you Joey. Tell Shane I said congrats too!

Joey: I will, thanks dad! I'll talk to you soon!

Shane: Now you have to call your mom...

Joey: I'm nervous calling her!

Shane: You're only telling her you're engaged!

Joey: Yeah but it's my mom...

Shane: It'll be fine, just call her!

[Shane's POV]

Joey held the phone up to his ear and waited for his mom to pick up.

When she answered, Joey was being very uneasy. I couldn't hear what she was saying back to him!

Joey: Hey mom - I'm...good - I'm calling because I have a really huge thing to announce - well - me and Shane...are engaged!

Joey's face dropped.

Joey: What does it matter? - Doesn't mean getting married is a bad thing! - Mom! - No, I'm going to be mad! - talk to my dad then! He has no problem. - Wait! Mom!

Joey moved the phone away from his face. He stared down at it.

Shane: What did she say?

"S-she hung u-up..." Joey croaked.

Shane: Why?!

Joey: Because I yelled at her...

Shane: Why were you yel-

Joey: She thinks I shouldn't get married so soon!

Shane: What?!

Joey: Because I'm only 22!

Shane: Well, do you?

Joey: Yeah!

Shane: That's ok then!

Joey: But my mom doesn't want me to! Shane what am I going to do?!

Shane: She'll come around...

Joey: I'll call Nicole and ask her to talk to her in person...

*5 Minutes Later*

Joey: Thanks Nicole, bye.

Joey: She's going to talk her tomorrow about it...

Shane: Joey, you don't look ok?

Joey: I'm not...

I could see how let down Joey was. Why would his mom say something as ridiculous as that! 22! Joey got distressed about it.

Shane: Do you wanna post these videos now? You can read comments to take your mind off it...

Joey: Sure...

The videos went up and were titled "Engaged" Joey's thumbnail was of the both of us, when I was down on one knee holding the ring up. My thumbnail was the kiss after he said yes. Straight away people commented on the video with the basic "Congrats" "OMG Yay" and of course the hating comments like "Fags" "Gaaay" "Queer" I wish I could remove all those negative comments and stop Joey from seeing them!

Joey: Fuck people are idiots! WE KNOW WE'RE GAY! To need to tell us the obvious! We are now engaged after all!

Shane: They're mostly 12 year olds writing those comments.

Joey: I'm going to go to bed and read more of these comments, most of them are actually really nice!

Shane: I'll join you!

I shut off the computer and we walked into the bedroom, Joey took off his shirt and put it in a laundry pile.

Joey: I'm going to get myself washed up first.

Shane: Okay.

Joey: Aren't you?

Shane: Joey, we've had this conversation before, I only get washed once a day.

Joey: And I still think that's gross!

Shane: Too bad you're marrying me then!

Joey: Then it's good that I love you enough to be able to be with you even with that!

Shane: Making me super lucky to have you!

Joey kissed me then went into the bathroom. I took off my shirt, got my laptop then climbed into bed.

Joey: You're getting my habit!

Shane: Habit?

Joey: Shirtless in bed!

Shane: Oh yeah...well.

Joey got into bed next to me and we both read comments for a little while.

Shane: Should we post a picture saying we're engaged for people that haven't seen the video?

Joey: Good idea!

Joey quickly took a picture and posted it.

{Joey's POV]

Shane was still reading comments. My mom didn't want me to get married, at least not this soon. But it's Shane! I have convince her to be alright with it...

Shane: We have to go look for a new apartment tomorrow!

Joey: I can't wait to have a new place!

_______________________________

Since when do things ever go so smoothly in this story haha! So Joey's mom is iffy about them getting married! I'm getting real sick of apologising for short chapters but I really am! BTW! You should follow me on twitter if you want to know whether I'm posting or not that day, or when I'm writing and just random updates on the "book!"

P.S. I changed my profile pic to what is going to be the cover of "Joey For Shane 2" just so people can get used to it before it actually starts!

Goooooooooodbye!

Follow me on Instagram: ShoeyDawceffa

Follow me on Twitter: @Joey4Shane

Follow my Shoey Tumblr: shanedawson-joeygraceffa.tumblr.com

Follow my JoeyGraceffaFacts Tumblr! (Joey Follows Me!) joeygraceffafacts.tumblr.com