Chapter 58: Joey Leaned In

Sawyer: Joey! Don't!

[Joey's POV]

I got this immediate urge to whack Sawyer, even though he has nothing to do with what is going on, but he was there, and I needed to take my anger out on someone.

I kept my arm down by my side, clenched my fist and looked Sawyer dead in the eye.

Sawyer: Joey, ok...You're pissed...you need to take out your anger on something! Hit me! It's better than going and punching a wall!

I raised my arm up as if I was about to hit him.

Suddenly, everything just hit me. Why the frig did I tell Shane we could have that baby! I wasn't ready for that! Shane's going to be a dad either way...

[Author's POV]

Joey dropped his arm back down.

Sawyer: Joey, are you okay?

His body collapsed, but before he could fall to the ground, Sawyer caught him.

Sawyer: Whoa! Joey!

Now Joey began to cry.

Sawyer: Let me bring you inside!

Sawyer trailed Joey into Lisa's apartment and left him on the couch. Joey tried to cover his eyes with his hands.

Sawyer: Here... *Hands Joey a tissue*

Joey: T-thanks...

Sawyer: *Sighs* Joey...I'm sorry for what's happened...I'm annoyed about it too! Maybe not as much as you are...

Joey: I-it's her fault! Shane wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for her!

Sawyer: Everybody goes a little crazy and some point in their life...

Joey: What she did was sexual assault! Lucky for her Shane hasn't reported it to the police! Yet!

Sawyer: What do you mean, yet?!

Joey: He's planning on it, now that she's pregnant!

Sawyer: That won't solve anything! It'll only make things worse! Why would he do it because she's pregnant!?

Joey: There's a big reason! That you don't have a right to know about! Since it's "nothing to do with you"

Sawyer: Are you planning on getting Lisa sent to jail?!

Joey shrugged his shoulders.

Sawyer: Why would you do that?!

Now Joey rolled his eyes.

Sawyer: You want her to have the baby, go to jail, and make Shane and you raise the kid!

Joey: Not exactly!

Sawyer What-

Lisa walked into the room.

Lisa: Joey! What are you doing here?! What's going on?!

Joey: I actually came to speak to you, Lisa.

Joey stood up and tried to get closer to Lisa, Sawyer grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

Joey: Do you seriously think I'm going to hit her?!

Sawyer: No...

Joey: Then let me go!

Sawyer released Joey's arm, letting him walk right up to Lisa.

Joey leaned in...

And whispered something in her ear. Lisa's face went into complete shock.