Chapter 27: Stress

[Shane's POV]

I left Joey for a little bit so I could go outside and call his sister, just to give her an update on how he was doing. I got her number off of Joey's phone and called her on mine. She took a while to answer.

Nicole: Hello?

Shane: hi Nicole, it's Shane!

Nicole: Hi, how's it been?

Shane: Joey's doing the same as he was last night.

Nicole: I'm actually at the airport, I got a last minute flight to LA! I really have to see him!

I hope the only thing that comes true in my dream last night is that she comes to LA.

Shane: Oh my god! That's great!

Nicole: I'll give you a call when I land!

Shane: Okay, I'll talk to you then.

Nicole: Wait! Are you calling me off of your cell?

Shane: Yeah, Joey's phone battery had died so I got your number from it.

Nicole: Alright, bye!

Shane: See ya!

Nicole hung up the phone. I hurried back into the hospital. Luke was sitting next to Joey. I sat on the chair on the opposite side to Joey.

Shane: This is shit!

Luke: Seeing him like this? Yeah...

Shane: Why haven't the doctors found out why he's here! What the fuck is wrong with him!

Luke: I wish I knew...Ingrid is going to be coming here soon.

I checked my phone, it was only 10am.

Shane: I just got off the phone with Joey's sister, Nicole...she's about to get on a flight from Boston to here.

Luke: That's awesome!

Shane: When did Ingrid say she was coming?

Luke: She said she'll be here at around 1pm.

I nodded to Luke.

Luke: You don't mind if I go get a bite to eat?

Shane: No of course not, go ahead!

Luke: Thanks! I'll be right back...do you want anything?

Shane: No I'm ok thanks.

New Message From: Cat (rific)

Cat: Hey, I didn't want to call you since a cell phone isn't allowed on in a hospital, how's he doing? xx

 Shane: He hasn't woken up. His body is lifeless. You should come and see him!<3

Cat: I think Ingrid is going to see him, I'll ask her can I come along. See you soon! Xx

 I just replied with a smiley face...there's not much I can say in a text message about Joey. Luke had just came back to the room.

Luke: Hey, I got you a coffee.

Shane: Thanks. Umm, Cat said she's going to be coming with Ingrid to see Joey.

Luke: Nice of her...

Shane: You haven't heard anything about Sawyer? Have you?

Luke: Nope, he tweeted a picture of himself on instagram...with the caption "Fighting..."