Chapter 101: Used To It

Chapter 101

[Shane's POV]

It was now 11pm, Joey went to find his dad to get him on camera for a quick minute and left me with Alex in the bedroom. I watched Joey's latest video again since I had nothing better to do and Alex was no longer in an energy filled mood, now he was laying on our bed.

"May the odds. be ever in your favour. Goooodbye!"

Again, since I had nothing better to do, I read some of the comments on Joey's video, being curious.

The vast majority of the comments were great and really cheerful and there were also the odd one saying something fucked up or annoying like they always do, but one in particular caught my attention, and not in a good way.

[Joey's POV]

After I vlogged for a few minutes with my dad, I stopped and walked back to the room to Shane. He was sitting on the floor, his laptop on his lap, Alex relaxing on our bed, but Shane started to get, mad.

Joey: What's wrong Shane?

Shane: People are fucking assholes.

Joey: What people?

Shane: Commenters on your newest vlog posted.

Joey: Sure we get hateful comments all the time.

Shane: Never, have I ever seen a comment like this.

Joey: Let me read it.

Shane moved over to make space for me to sit beside him. He pointed to the comment and let out a sigh in disbelief.

Shane: These sort of people are evil!

I read the comment aloud and started to get mad myself.

"Shane isn't even in love with Joey. he's using him for the younger viewer attention. The engagement is a publicity stunt. Once Shane gets what he wants, he'll go back to being just friends with Joey, and get back with Lisa and marry her. Joey is just a faggot."

Joey: Well that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Shane: It doesn't bother you.

Joey: Nope.

Shane: It really doesn't bother you?

Joey: Not at all, that person is probably just a teenager with nothing better to do then try to work out our lives for us. In a crappy way.

Shane: We isn't this bothering you?

Joey: Shane, it isn't annoying to me because I'm used to it, being called a faggot isn't new to me.

Shane: It isn't new to me either...

Joey: So don't worry about.

Shane: I can't bare it when people are mean to you Joey!- they aren't even being mean, they're worse than that!

Joey: Shane calm down, as long as I'm not hurt by it, it shouldn't matter.

Shane: Are you sure?

Joey: Yes!

Shane: You're right, sorry for freaking out.

Shane looked down and started messing around with his thumbs.  

I placed my hand on his cheek and lifted his head so his eyes would meet mine. A small clump of hair fell over his eyes. I brushed it out of the way with my hand and planted a quick kiss to his cheek.

Joey: Don't apologise, you're showing how much you care for me.

Shane: I just don't want you to get hurt. I love you too much, and if I saw you upset because of people like this, I'd be torn.

Joey: Shane, you're freaking amazing!

Shane: I try my best...

Joey: And you succeed at being the best fiancé, ever.

[Shane's POV]

Joey made me insanely happy. He's the best thing in my life. The most important person ever. I hated not being with him, even if it's only for a hour that I can't see him, I hate it. I just love spending time with him.

Joey: Are you tired?

Shane: Nope, not at all.

Joey: Me neither....

Shane: And I'm pretty bored...and cold...Boston is freezing!

Joey: How about we play a game?

Shane: What game?

Joey: Ummm, hungercraft? We haven't played it in a while!

Shane: Yeah, that'll be fun!

Joey: We'll just stay right here on the floor! But I need to go get my laptop!

Shane: Oh no, we have to be shirtless!

Joey: No we don't *laughs* that's just for my gaming channel. I don't want to record this.

Shane: Ohhhh good!

Joey got his laptop and sat right back down next to me on the ground.  

We set everything up and started playing.

After only a couple minutes of the game starting, I was almost being killed.

Shane: I'm still not good at this game!

Joey: You're doing better than usual!

Shane: I'm being hit, help me Joey! Joey!- yeah, and I just died.

Joey: It happens.

Shane: Video games have never been my thing.

Joey: I can tell.

Shane: See.

Joey: I mean, you are good for only playing the game like 4 times.

We continued playing until it started getting late. 1am came around, and we both were beginning to feel tired.

Joey: *yawns* I'm sleepy now.

Shane: Me too, let's go to bed?

Joey: Yeah.

Joey stood up and set his laptop on top of the desk in the room, he came back over to me and took mine from my lap and then left it next to his. He put his hand out in front of me to help pull me to my feet and stand up.

Joey: Where's Alex going to sleep?

Shane: In his cage. I'll get him inside it.

Joey: While you do that, I'll go get ready for bed.

I went and said goodnight to my dad, when I got back to the room, Shane was already under the covers almost asleep.

Joey: You sleeping already?

Shane: Nope, I'm waiting for you.

------------

Short chapter, but it's better than nothing! I should definitely have another chapter posted tomorrow! Also, I don't think I'm ending this so soon after all! So...yay! Haha what was your fav part of the chapter? Fixing any mistakes tomorrow

Gooooooodbye!

Follow me on twitter : SoulPunkedStump

Follow me on Instagram: theaabirch

Follow me on tumblr: alonewiththedark.tumblr.com