Chapter 102: Next To Me

[Shane's POV]

*phone rings*

Shane: It's too early in the morning to be calling me!

Joey: *yawns* What time is it?

Shane: It's-

Joey had his face buried into the pillow, with his hand underneath it pushing it against his head. I looked up to the clock on the wall, and to my surprise it was 10:40

Shane: It's 10:40 am?! Why does it seem way earlier than that?

Joey: Shane just answer your phone before it goes to voicemail.

Shane: It's an unknown number.

Joey: Shane, ANSWER IT!

Shane: Oh yeah! *answers*

?: Hello Shane?

Shane: Yeah? Who's this?

?: It's your lawyer...

Shane: Oh hello?

Lawyer: I have some news for you, that I was just informed about.

I sat up on the bed and patted Joeys shoulder so he would as-well.

Joey: What?

"Lawyer" I mouthed and he immediately leaned up.

Lawyer: Shane, is Joey with you right now?

Shane: He's right next to me.

Lawyer: I'll need to talk to him in a moment, but for now, I'll tell you what's happened.

Shane: Oh God that doesn't sound good.

Lawyer: Well, it is...and it isn't.

Shane: So?

Lawyer: The man, who stabbed you...will for sure be proven guilty.

Shane: Why is that bad.

Lawyer: I wasn't finished, he's been in prison for this entire time, and he's crazy. He has assaulted other prisoners, officers, put his fist through walls and windows.

Shane: He's crazy?

Lawyer: They decided to bring him to a doctor, to see if they could diagnose him with a mental illness, or disorder. The results were revealed earlier this morning to him and I'm just finding out. He's schizophrenic.

Shane: What!

Lawyer: Shane, this changes a lot of things...

Shane: Like?

Lawyer: Because of his disorder, whatever time sentence he's given by the jury and the judge, will be shortened.

Shane: That's not...so bad.

Lawyer: It is. He could be given at least 8 years for stabbing you, as well as the rest of the crimes he has committed, but they'll have to half that, or at least half it, maybe more than half of the sentence while be decreased.

Shane: That's bullshit!

Lawyer: Could I speak to Joey now?

Shane: Yeah, yeah sure,

I passed my phone over to Joey, after a few seconds, Joey jumped up from bed and bounced around enthusiastically, almost tripping over Alex's cage on the floor.

[Joey's POV]

Joey: Are you serious!?

Lawyer: Yes. Joey, all charges against you have been dropped.

Joey: So I won't- there's no chance of me going to jail?!

Lawyer: No Joey! You're completely free. Nothing to worry about.

Joey: HAHA YES!

Lawyer: That's all I have to tell you, expect a call again from me soon.

Joey: Okay.

[Joey's POV]

I hung up the phone and gave it back to Shane. He put it back down onto the bed side table, and threw his head onto the pillow again.

Joey: You aren't getting up?

"Nope. Why? Are you?" He mumbled through the pillow.

Joey: I might as well now that I'm already awake and out of bed.

"Come back and...cuddle...with me." Shane murmured, sounding embarrassed.

Joey: Fine. But I won't be sleeping.

Shane: That's ok, I just wanted to have you next to me.

[Shane's POV]

Way to sound extremely cheesy Shane.

Joey did a cute little side smirk. He was blushing.

Shane: Heeey, blushy Joey is back?!

Joey: Shane stop!

Joey covered his very red, flustered face with his hands and hopped back into bed beside me. I put my arms around his waist and pulled him closer to me. He pressed one of my hands against his abs.

Joey: Shane?

Shane: Yeah Joey?

Joey: Promise me something?

Shane: Sure. What is it?

Joey: I ummm...will you- I don't know...

Shane: Joey really, what is it?

Joey: I don't wanna say it! Sounds cheesy...

Shane: Tell me Joey, it's not like I'm gunna laugh in your face if you tell me you love me.

Joey: I wasn't gunna tell you that I loved you, because you know that, I was gunna, ASK you...ask you if you could...

Shane: Spit it out Joey.

Joey: Could you...promise me, that...no matter what happens, you'll always be there for me?

Shane: Yes, of course I will Joey! I promise.

Joey: Thank you Shane.

Wait...why is he asking me to promise him that? Is he scared?

Shane: Ummm, are you scared of something. Joey?

Joey: N-no...

Shane: Joey please don't lie to me...what's wrong?

Joey: Before we left LA, and we had that...so called visit from your dad, I've felt...frightened, no...traumatised!

Shane: That fucking idiot is bothering you?

Joey: What he did hasn't really left my mind. It's always there.

Shane: Joey, I won't let him do anything to you, ANYTHING! I'd whether get hurt than watch you, get hurt. Besides, I don't think he has any intentions on coming back to cause us annoyance. He's probably too busy drinking.

Joey: You're right, I won't try to let it get to me too much.

Shane: Stay positive? Right?

Joey: Yeah...

--

Unlike what he had said, Joey did the complete opposite and had fallen asleep right next to me. I tried to go back to sleep...I gave up after trying for an hour. Joey was stopping me, what he said, was stopping me. I don't want anything to happen to him... 

-----

This chapter was meant to have a lot more but I'm literally too tired and I want to get this chapter posted tonight! I'll update again as soon as I can!

Follow me on twitter : SoulPunkedStump

Follow me on Instagram: theaabirch

Follow me on tumblr: alonewiththedark.tumblr.com