Chapter 29: For You

[Joey's POV]

We had all been talking for nearly an hour now, mostly about what happened with Sawyer. I never asked how he was. I honestly didn't care about him. Doctors had been in and out asking me questions which were annoying as hell.

Doctor: Joey, I recommend you eat at least 3 meals a day for about a month...it will help you get your strength back up.

Joey: Can I still go to a gym and work out?

Doctor: Yes, but don't push yourself to your limit unless you want to end up here again. Oh and try to go to bed before 1am at least!

Now my entire routine is messed up. Yay.

The doctor then left.

Joey: So.... Sawyer?

Ingrid: Must be gay...

Cat: You know what! Him and Tyler would be great together!

Luke: Imagine those two together as a couple!

Joey: They better not steal me and Shane's thunder!

Shane: Nobody can steal our thunder even if Kim Kardashian and Miley Cyrus hooked up!

It had gotten late and we had been talking for ages!

Joey: Do the rest of you guys want to go home?

Luke: Are you sure?

Joey: Yes of course! Just go...get some real sleep!

Luke: I'll come back tomorrow to see you!

Ingrid: Me too!

Cat: Me three!

Joey: See you tomorrow, bye!

I barely waved at Cat,Luke and Ingrid as I was too weak to lift my arm up off the bed. Shane and Nicole were staying with me tonight. I was exhausted and my jaw hurt alot from talking to everyone.

Joey: Well I'm tired!

Shane: You should sleep now, the doctor did say sleep before 1am....and it's now 12:42.

Joey: Alright...but one condition.

Shane: What?

I didn't want to say this is front of Nicole, who was prepping the small couch to sleep on.

Joey: Will you...sleep here beside me?

I could feel my face burning up...I hope Nicole thought this was ok...

Shane: Sure!

Nicole: Awww.

Shane grabbed onto the bed and pulled himself on, I squeezed over to the edge of the bed to let him get comfortable. He lay back and put his arm under my back then resting his hand on my stomach, I then cuddled up to him, placed my hand on his chest and snuggled my face up to his neck.

Joey: Night Nicole!

Nicole: Goodnight Joey!

[Shane's POV]

"Goodnight Shaney" Joey whispered so Nicole couldn't hear. Shaney? What? Is that his pet name for me?

Shane: Goodnight...Joe!

Joey: Joe!? That makes me sound old!

Shane: Then how about....Joey?

Joey: I like it!

I kissed Joey on the forehead then we fell asleep.

*Next Morning*

[Joey's POV]