Chapter 25: Freaking Hospitals

[Shane's POV]

Cat phoned an ambulance for Joey. I didn't care about how injured Sawyer was. My priority was to make sure Joey was okay.   I just sat on the ground holding Joey.

Cat: I'm going to tell the guys about Joey! I'll be right back out!

Shane: Hurry!

Cat then ran into Sawyer's house fast! Luke came running out...crying.

Luke: No...no no! Joey!

Luke ran over to me and Joey.

Luke: What happened!

Shane: I-I don't know! He just fell to the ground!

It killed me to ask Luke how Sawyer was, but I had to.

Shane: H-how's Sawyer?!

Now after every word I said, I was about to cry.

Luke: He's conscious again, everyone else is in cleaning him up! But between me and you Shane, I prefer to be here with Joey!

Shane: He's your bestfriend! Of course you should prefer to be here with him!

The ambulance had just showed up. Luke went and quickly told everybody that me and him were going with Joey to the hospital. By the time he came back out the Paramedics had Joey on a stretcher and were about to put him in the van. They let both Luke and I go with him luckily!

The entire journey, Joey didn't move. I just cried and cried, so did Luke which was unusual to see him cry. The ride had flew in, thanks to being able to go over the speed limit in an ambulance.

They got Joey into the hospital. Luke and I had to wait outside his room for the doctor to finish checking him.

The doctor finally came out of Joey's room. He looked concerned which scared the life out've me and Luke.

Shane: Doc! What's wrong with him!

Doctor: We're not entirely sure...

Luke: You're a doctor!

Doctor: That I am, but he just looks as if he has lost alot of strength and his body just malfunctioned. What happened before he fainted? I noticed he had cuts all over his right hand.

Shane: Uhh, he was fighting...

Doctor: That would explain it all! His nerves and energy were being used to the maximum and just couldn't hack it.

Shane: Well...is he awake.

Doctor: No, we have him hooked up to some machines that'll keep his body strong. If we were to attempt to wake him now, it'll stress his body and lead to something...bad.

Luke: Can we go and see him? Please...

Doctor: Yes! Just don't try to disturb him.

Shane: So he's going to be fine?!

Doctor: At this current time...yes...but we can't be sure, he still hasn't waken which is a bad sign but everything else seems to be fine with him, so he should pull through.

That wasn't good enough for me. He "should" pull through! I need he "will" pull through!!!!

Luke: Thank you doctor!

We walked into Joey's room to see him laying on the bed...his body looked drained. His muscles were weak, his skin was an unusual color for Joey as he was a natural tan. He was changed out of his clothes into patient scrubs. It killed me inside to see all these machines and things that beep hooked up to Joey. I never knew how stressed he could get. I pulled a seat from beside the door and put it next to Joey's bed, then plumped myself onto the seat. Luke grabbed the other chair and sat on the other side of Joey. The doctor came in after about 5 minutes.

Doctor: Excuse me, may I ask who you two are? I need it for Joey's record.

Luke: I'm his best friend, Luke Conard.

Shane: I'm his boyfriend, Shane Yaw!

I didn't want to lie about it now, especially now that he's in a hospital bed unconscious!

Doctor: Sorry?

Shane: I'm - his - boyfriend!   

Doctor: Okay, thank you.

The doctor left. I grabbed Joey's hand and lifted it up to my forehead, just leaning it against my head. Luke was texting Ingrid giving her an update on Joey.

Shane: Where's Joey's phone?

Luke: I don't know? Try his cloths over on that table. Wait why do you need it?

Shane: I think his mom and dad deserve to know that he is in hospital, I don't have their number so I need to use his phone.

Luke: Great idea!

I went and inspected Joey's clothes, looking in the pockets of his jeans and then eventually finding it. It had a crack on the screen, probably from when he fell to the ground. I looked through his contacts until the first family member that I saw was his sister's number.

Nicole Graceffa.

Joey's Phone: Nicole! It's Shane Dawson, I'm Joey's friend...Joey has collapsed and is in hospital. The doctor's don't know what happened to him or what is wrong with him. This is probably a horrible way to tell you this but it's better than not knowing where he is at all. I'll give you a call later to update you on how he is! Xx

She didn't text back right away, I wasn't expecting her too. Ingrid had text Luke back saying that Sawyer had been in the emergency room and just got released! That lucky bastard! Joey's here hooked up to all sorts of machinery and he's fine!

*Bzzt Bzzt*

New Message: Nicole Graceffa

Nicole: Oh my god! Please stay with him! I'll tell my parents now! Thank you so much for telling me!

Shane: He's doing fine still, I will stay with him for as long as he needs me with him! Xx

__________________________________

Well this is emotional! It broke my heart even writing something fictional about Joey being in hospital. Picturing it made me want to break down! Vote and Comment please! New update (s) tomorrow.

Follow me on twitter - twitter.com/Joey4Shane

Gooooooodbye!