Chapter 1

D A I S Y

"And then the princess and the prince lived happily ever -"

"Daisy, go pack your things." my dad burst into Ruby's room, his face emotionless.

"Dad, it's 10 pm. Why am I packing?"

"Why are you telling your sister a story?"

I glanced at Ruby, her green eyes wide after my dad startlingly burst into the room. "She couldn't sleep." which was true; the younger girl had come into my room pleading for me to come tell her a story with tear stained cheeks after a nightmare.

"I don't care. Pack up your things. Go."

I sent one last look at Ruby before heading back to my room. I hurriedly threw clothes into my bag.

Soon I was in the car sitting next to Ruby with my dad in the drivers seat and mom in the passengers seat.

"Where are we going?" Ruby asked, watching the dark landscape whiz by.

Nobody answered, only worrying me more. Why was I the only one to have a bag packed?

Ruby and I remained silent the entire line. My heart sped up as we pulled in front of a building saying "Saint Mary's Home for Orphans"

"Mom? Dad?"

"Get out Daisy." mom said.

"Daisy?" my five year old sister whispered, those green eyes wide behind her fiery red hair. She had got the red hair gene from our mom, while I got the brown hair gene from our dad.

I obeyed and got out, watching my dad get out as well and walk towards the door. He knocked but nobody answered. My dad turned one last time, looked at me one more time, then got back into the car.

I watched in confusion, not realizing I was being abandoned until the car was getting further and further away, and my sisters screams for me got quieter and quieter.

***

"Daisy? Wake up." Mrs. Briggs gently shook me out of my daydream.

My eyes opened, revealing her kind face.

"What?" I blinked repeatedly, trying to get rid of the drowsiness I felt.

"You had the dream again."

"Oh."

"Yeah." she smiled sympathetically. "When's the last time you ate? You're awfully pale."

"Im fine." I assured her.

She hesitantly nodded. "Could you start packing dear? A nice boy came here looking to adopt and I led him to you. You're getting adopted, Daisy. Isn't that exciting?"

"Yeah." I fake smiled, waiting until Mrs. Briggs left my room to let out a sigh. Another "forever" home.

"He'll be here tomorrow to get you." Mrs. Briggs called as she shut the door behind her.

Yeah, well for me, forever homes only lasted for a few weeks.

Until they didn't want me anymore. Mrs. Briggs says it's just because I'm 15 and people want younger kids. But I think it's because I can't eat and I'm just problematic.

I started packing my clothes in the nice suitcase Mrs. Briggs provided us all with for when we got adopted. I didn't want to leave the orphanage; it was nice here. But I would be back in a week or so once my new "family" got tired of me.

I ran to the bathroom and retrieved my blades from their hiding spot and quickly hid them in my suitcase. I left an outfit out tomorrow, a loose One Direction T-shirt and jean shorts.

I hope Mrs. Briggs didn't notice how thin my legs have gotten if I wore shorts.

I lay down and fell asleep again, dreaming of the perfect family I dreamed of having.

***

(2017 kenzie here what's up aha i'm rewritting the book so if you'd like to go check that out and maybe read them together to see what's changed or whatever you can find that version on my account! <3)

short af chapter but

Im a sucker for these types of books so I decided to write one. This is kinda my "practice" for writing so it could be a flop but who knows. Im trying to stay away from cliche's in these types of books with the parents being abusive, the orphanage horrible and the owner of the orphanage mean, blah blah blah.

Anyways, yall know what to do, VOTE, COMMENT & ADD THIS STORY TO YO LIBRARY OR YOU'LL NEVER MEET YOUR FAV.

dont risk it

- Mickey <3