Chapter 33

D A I S Y

Christmas music played in the background as I watched the argument between Ashton and Michael.

"I can't believe you got a pizza ornament!" Ashton whined. Michael proudly nodded, the  odd ornament dangling from his finger.

"We are not putting a pizza on the tree!" Ashton scolded, nodding towards the Christmas tree Calum and Luke had put it on.

"Please?" Michael whined.

I tuned out the rest of their conversation and continued putting the ornaments on the tree, humming to the music. I glanced over, seeing the pizza ornament. Guess Ashton gave in.

"Daisy," Ashton purposefully snuck up behind me and suddenly grabbed my shoulders to scare me. It worked and I jumped, dropping the glass ornament.

"Ashton!" I whined, bending down to pick up the glass ball - which, luckily, fell on the soft carpet and didn't break.

Ashton was laughing, not even caring that the ornament nearly broke. "Get on my back," he randomly said.

"Wait, what?" I looked up at him weirdly.

"So you can reach the top to put the star on," Ashton explained.

"No, I'm too heavy." I turned away and continued decorating. All of the sudden I was lifted off my feet and thrown over Ashton's shoulder.

I squealed as he dropped me onto the couch.

"You are not too heavy. Now stand on that couch and jump on." Ashton commanded. I huffed and stood up, leaping onto his back.

He caught me, his hands grabbing onto my by the back of my thighs. I wrapped my arms around his neck, slightly panicking at the new height. Going from 5'2 to 6 feet was kinda scary. Ashton was basically a whole foot taller than me.

Ashton's fingers loosened until they weren't even touching me, and I felt myself falling. But then, all of the sudden, he caught me, and all the boys were laughing.

"You nearly dropped me!" I whined.

"I was just playing around. You're fine."

Luke handed me the star. It was weird being face to face with Luke.  Ashton walked over to the tree and slightly leaned so I could reach up and place the star on top. I wiggled the star down onto the top so it was sturdy, then positioned it so it was straight.

Ashton gently lowered me to the floor, the boys gathering around us to see the tree.

"Good work," Ashton gave me a side hug. "Still can't believe Michael got a pizza ornament, though."

We all stood in silence, looking at the tree's beauty. There was a particular ornament that I couldn't tear my eyes away from. It was a picture of the boys and I hanging from the branch in a plastic frame. It was cute the cutest photo I think I'd ever seen. The picture had been taking at the beach by a stranger of all five of us. Michael was laying on the sand on his side like some type of model, Calum was holding Luke up bridal style, and Ashton was doing the same to me. That was a good day, and the smiles on our faces proved it.

***

"How's it going with that one guy?" Michael randomly asked.

I paused the video game I had been playing with Luke and Mikey. "What guy?"

"He works at Hot Topic."

"Oh, that guy."

"Yeah." Michael laughed.

"We always talk. I actually found out he likes me a few days ago." I told them, earning smirks from the two. "I really like him, but a guy like him would never like a girl like me. I don't even fully believe that he likes me back."

"He'd be stupid if he didn't," Luke commented.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him weirdly.

"Look at you, Daisy," Luke began. "You're gorgeous, funny, strong, and you don't let people walk over you. And your overall fit, who wouldn't fall for you?"

I blushed from his compliments.

"And you're smart, nice, fun, loud, loyal, and forgiving." Michael added. "He'd be an idiot to not like you."

"Thanks guys." I smiled at them and gave them both hugs, feeling a rush of thankfulness for these dorks.

***

I was five minutes into a nap with Michael (we had been laying on my bed just talking and ended up falling asleep)? I was cuddled into his side, my face on his chest and his arms around me. His snores weren't what woke me up, no, it was a ding from my phone I slowly opened my eyes and reached for my phone. Pressing the home button my lock screen came on, displaying a text message. My eyes scanned the text multiple times, my brain not able to process what was going on.

On the outside I was calm, but on the inside I was screaming. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

Jacob [heart eyes emoji]:

Hey. I was wondering if
you'd like to go to the movies with me Friday night?

***

Sorta a Cliff hanger¿?¿

Hehe, please vote & comment :-)

stay positive. ily <3