Chapter 100

im hemmotional

(last chapter)

***

A S H T O N

"Bryana?" I looked up from my phone and over to my girlfriend. She looked up from her phone, her eyes looking into mine.

"I've been thinking about it a lot lately and. . ." I trailed off, feeling shy under her intense gaze.

"What is it?" she asked, reaching over and gently putting her hand on my arm.

"Bryana. . . I want to adopt another kid."

"What about Daisy?" Bryana asked.

The floorboard squeaked out in the hallway, and I jumped to my feet. In a few long strides I was at the door, and flung it open; ready to yell at one of the boys for eaves dropping.

Instead Daisy stood there, holding in tears with a hurt expression on her face.

She suddenly turned and darted down the hallway and straight down the stairs.

I cursed and went back into my room, grabbing a jacket.

"What happened?" Bryana asked, standing up.

"Daisy ran off. Stay here."

I jogged out the room, down the hallway, and down the stairs and into the living room.

"Have any of you seen Daisy?"

"Nope," Michael replied.

I groaned and rubbed my temple.

I ran out the front door and started jogging down the sidewalk. It was starting to rain harder, and within a minute I was soaking wet.

Up ahead there was a car crash, and I sharply sucked in air and picked up my pace.

There was a head on collision with a taxi and a car, and to the side a man and a teenage girl stood.

I ran up to them, sighing in relief when I recognized the familiar face.

"Daisy? What happened?"

"You must be her dad," the man turned to me, yelling over the loud patter of the rain and over the thunder booming over us.

"This young lady ran right out into the street! I nearly hit her and swerved into the other lane." the man nodded towards the car crash. A crowd was gathering.

I looked over to Daisy, who was looking away, staring at the car crash.

"I'm so sorry. I'll pay for any repairs," I said to the man, then grabbed Daisy and pulled her a few feet down the sidewalk.

"What were you thinking? Running out into traffic, are you stupid?" I cried.

She didn't answer and stared down at her shoes. I draped my jacket over her shoulders.

"You were replacing me. So I left."

"Who said anything about replacing you?"

"Marrying Bryana, wanting another kid. . ." she trailed off, sadly gazing up into my eyes.

She sniffled and I noticed a tear slide down her cheek. I pulled her into my chest, and wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me back, burying her face into my chest.

"I'd never replace you," I was crying now, and we stood there, hugging each other. "I love you so much, Daisy. I'll never forget you, and I'll never love anyone more than I love you."

"I'm sorry," she hiccuped, hugging me tighter than I was hugging her.

Suddenly three pairs of arms wrapped around us. I opened my eyes, looking around at Calum, Michael and Luke.