Chapter 9

D A I S Y

"Ah, Daisy, welcome back." Mrs. Chapel, my first mod teacher said. It was nice to know someone noticed my absence.

"Thank you." I gushed, plopping down into my usual seat. A slightly familiar face and walked in. Where have I seen that face before?

A blonde girl wearing a black shirt with black jean shorts and a flannel was standing next to Mrs. Chapel. She was obviously a new student, but I had seen her before.

But where?

"You can sit next to Daisy." Mrs. Chapel told the girl. "Daisy, can you wave."

I gave a little wave and smiled kindly. She came over and sat next to me. She was so confident, for a new student.

"Hi, I'm Auburn."

That's when it clicked; she was the girl from Target. The blonde hair, the confident clothing and attitude, the kind smile.

"You mean Aubrey?" I blurted out, but quickly added once I heard my words. "Sorry, I mean -"

"No worries." she waved me off and shuffled her books.

I sighed with relief that she of least wasn't mad or anything.

"Did you just move here?"

"Yep, last week."

"Oh cool, where from?" she seemed really nice, so why not try to get a conversation going.

"New York." she answered.

"That's all the way across the country." I cried. We lived in California, which was a long way from New York.

"Yeah."

"Lemme see your schedule." I said.

She handed me a piece of paper.

"Oh, cool, we have lunch and mods 4 and 5 together."

(A/N: a mod is basically a period in case you don't know and the number of classes, or mods, kinda varies, but to make the book more simple lets just say everyone has 6 classes and lunch and "study hall" or whatever you call it so 8 mods, okay, make sense?)

Auburn nodded and took her schedule back, sliding it into the clear flap on the front of her binder.

"Maybe you could help me find some of my classes?"

I turned and looked at her, adjusting the pony tail my wavy brown hair was pulled back in.

"I mean - if you want to. I don't want to make you miss your classes."

"No worries." I used her words. "Of course I can."

"Thanks." she smiled so wide her eyes crinkled and her braces were visible.

***

"Daisy."

I turned at the sound of my voice, coming face to face with Auburn.

"Oh. Hey, Auburn. I was just looking for you." I laughed. We walked to the table I usually sat at with people I wasn't really friends with.

We talked for a while about pass classes and cute guys that passed. Auburn thought Chase Rhodes was the hottest Sophomore in the school, while I begged to differ and thought it was Zachary Johnson.