Chapter 16

That cliffhanger from the last chapter tho >:)

D A I S Y

"I think she's waking up." a familiar voice said.

"Someone get the doctor." someone added.

Followed by, "I got it!"

I blinked repeatedly as I came to, my eyes adjusting to the rooms brightness.

"Ash?" I croaked, seeing his worried face above me. My throat was dry and sore.

"Sh, you're okay. We're at the hospital." Ashton said.

I couldn't remember what happened; only up to Auburn showing me cuts outside of the school. The memory made me shiver.

"She just shivered." Ashton said. "Oh God. Where is Cal?"

"Ashton, I'm fine." I groaned, rubbing my eyes. "What happened?"

"You walked into the door and passed out." Luke said, sitting down next to me.

"Ashton flipped." Michael smirked. I glanced behind Luke, seeing the cocky boy leant up against the wall some feet away.

"Did not."

"Ashton, you cried." Luke said.

Ashton looked at me, his cheeks pink.

Calum came in with the doctor right behind him. The boys - all except
Ash - were asked to leave the room.

"How are you feeling, Daisy?" the doctor asked, sliding a cup of water down the table to me.

"Tired." I answered, receiving a chuckle from the doctor, Dr. Madison.

"I expected that." he said, writing stuff down as I downed the water, trying to relieve my sore throat. "You passed out from low nutrients. Have you been eating?"

I shook my head no and glanced at Ashton. He didn't look happy about my answer.

"Step on the scale, please." he said once I finished.

I looked over at Ashton, insecure and unsure.

"Go on, Daisy." he said, letting go of my hand and giving me a gentle push to stand. "Nobody will judge you." he added, as if he read my thoughts and new exactly what I was thinking and how to answer it.

I shakily stepped onto to the scale, dreading to know how much I weighed. I self-consciously pulled at the fat on my thighs with my hand.

"99 pounds." Dr. Madison announced, squinting to read the red numbers. He bit his lip and looked through his papers.

"How old are you again, sweetheart?" he asked.

"15." I answered, worriedly glancing at Ashton.

"That's significantly underweight." he said, catching my attention.

"Wait, how much do I weigh?" I had blocked the answer out, not in the mood to want to cry from disgust and self hatred.

"99 pounds. I'll be right back." Dr. Madison said.

I nodded and stepped off the scale. 99 pounds.

"You're smiling." Ashton said. "What the hell is wrong with you? Your underweight, that isn't good."

I frowned at him. "I'm 99 skinny."

Ashton looked at me weird, "99 what?"

I considered 99 pounds skinny - it's also my goal weight.