Chapter 21

D A I S Y

I grabbed my phone and slipped on a jacket. Sneaking out was the easy part; nobody noticed me or cared.

Carter was there too - it was far after sunset so I had texted her.

"Hey. What's wrong?" she asked once she saw me.

"I needed to get out that lonely room." I shook my head. I sat down beside her right at the edge of the shore.

"Oh. Anything bothering you?" Carter asked.

I picked up a seashell and traced shapes into the wet sand.

"It's just . . ." I trailed off, flopping onto my back. I stared up at the black sky, which was littered with shining stars. "I'm so fed up with this."

"With what?" Carter flopped back too and stared up at the stars aswell.

"Life." I signed. "I feel so alone and like I lost something important. Like I lost him. The only happiness in my life."

"He'll come to his senses," Carter tells me. "everything will be okay."

***

I quietly closed the door behind me and tiptoed into my room. It didn't really matter; I could have stomped around and clamped pans together and yelled, "I'm here! I just snuck out for a couple hours, but it's all good." and Ash would yell at me for making noise.

(Tbh I was tempted to put: ... And clamped pans together and yelled, "I didn't get no sleep because of y'all! Yall not gonna get no sleep bc of me".. Im sorry, thats enough internet for mee)

I quietly snuck into my room, jumping at the side of Danielle sitting on my bed. At the sound of me entering the room she looked up from her phone, her face relaxing.

She looked me up and down, sending my sand covered body a look of confusion.

Just as she opened her mouth to speak I said, "I can explain." and ran a hand through my messy hair.

She laughed, "Go ahead."

"I was stargazing on the beach." I shrugged.

She nodded, then patted the spot next to her. "Come sit."

I lazily brushed some of the sand off my backside and sat beside her.

"Why'd you run off?" Danielle asked me.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does."

"Okay . . . Fine. I hate this room because I'm all alone and I hate it, and Ashton doesn't care about me and his girlfriend is evil and is out to destroy me." I sounded extremely childish, but I was too tired and fed up to care.

"To be honest," Danielle giggle, "I hate that bïtch also."

I giggled. "I'm glad you care. All of the other boys don't seem to care."

She nodded. "So, tell me whats been happening the past few days."

"Heidi has been making up stuff and whining to Ashton about it, so then he yells at me. Ashton shoved me, I made a friend, I've been locked up in this room for most of the time and the boys dont seem to care about me." I sighed. "And that's what you missed on Glee."