Chapter 32

D A I S Y

"He's annoying."

"He's protective." Jacob corrected me. I frowned at him.

"Well to me he's annoying." I huffed, pouting like a little five-year-old.

"Don't pout at me." Jacob sassily replied, causing me to laugh. Eventually he started laughing too.

We had been FaceTiming for about thirty minutes so far. I took this as an opportunity to rant about how protective Ashton could be.

A S H T O N

"I'll go get Daisy." I told the boys, who were sat at the table waiting to eat the spaghetti I had prepared.

I climbed the stairs and headed to Daisy's room. My hand reached for the doorknob, but I froze when I heard my name.

"But, seriously. I'm almost sixteen. Ashton needs to learn that I can handle myself." Daisy said.

"I know. I can't blame him for worrying, though." said a male voice. I panicked for a second, thinking a boy was in her room, until I realized how electronic the voice sounded. I nearly sighed in relief. It was only FaceTime.

(A/N: I can't think of the word I'm looking for so lets just go with electronic. Hopefully you know what I mean)

"Me either, but it'd be nice if he could back off a bit. I mean, I'm a teenage girl, I'm supposed to go through pain and heartbreak  He can't babysit me or I'll never experience those things. I know he doesn't want me to get hurt and he just wants to keep me safe but that isn't how life works." Daisy argued, sighing after she finished.

My tensed body relaxed, realization hitting me like a brick wall. That was true; I needed to back off a bit and let her experience emotions and relationships and life lessons. I was just scared that the real world would hurt her. I wasn't ready for her to go through heartbreak. I wasn't ready for her to come home in tears over some douchébag that cheated on her.

Daisy's a strong girl. She would be okay. I hope.

***

D A I S Y

"Wanna be partners?" Jacob turned to me after Ms. Davis went over the project.

I looked from his smile to his best mate, who was standing next to him, completely dumbfounded.

"Mate," his friend awkwardly interrupted.

Jacob turned to his friend, a look of pure annoyance on his face. "What, dude?"

"I thought we could work together . . ." he trailed off. I felt bad for the poor guy.

"Well, I'm working with Daisy. Maybe another time." Jacob softly replied. His friend glared at me then walked off, his eyes searching the room for a new partner.

Jacob looked back at me. We stared working, and Jacob shamelessly flirted the whole time. For a moment I figured he liked me back, but then reality hit and I realized someone like him would never date someone like me.

***

I sat down next to Jacob at our lunch table, saying a small hello to Jaz and the others. I was starving and it didn't help with the fact that everyone around me was stuffing their faces with food. The temptation was eating away at my mind. It was so strong I chewed on my tongue until I bled to distract myself.

"I'll be right back." Jacob scooted stood up from the bench and walked over to the other end of the cafeteria where the condiments were.

"Finally that idiot left!" Jaz huffed out, then looked at me seriously. "I was talking to him last night, and he confessed that he likes you." Jaz added, not even caring that the others heard.

"Likes me like a friend or likes me more than a friend?"

"What do you think? More than a friend, genius!" Jaz rolled her eyes and shoved a chip into her mouth. She chewed as she waited for my response.

"Really?"

Jaz nodded and swallowed. "And I may or may not have told him you like him too."

"What?" I shrieked, my eyes widened in shock.

"Oops?"

I ducked my head down as Jacob sat down beside me. A part of me was screaming over the fact that Jacob liked me back, but then the other part was unhappy about this. Maybe Jaz made it up and only said it to make me feel better?

For a moment I believed that he liked me back, but then reality hit and I realized someone like him would never date someone like me.

***

I feel like I hate every chapter I write, lol (well, I did write this chapter half awake) But apparently you guys enjoy them so ... but thank you guys for 6k omg

How are you? Good? That's good. Please remember to vote and comment :-)

Also, should I make my profile pic 5sos related or keep it the same??

stat positive. ily