Chapter 2

have you or a loved one been suffering from a lack of 5sos merch??

unrivaled merch is scientifically proven to cure deprived 5sos stans.

just check for yourself (or click the link provided in my bio): https://unrivaledmerch.com/5-seconds-of-summer/

they support FREE, WORLDWIDE shipping. yes you heard that right, F R E E,  W O R L D W I D E  S H I P P I N G. AND if you use my code you can get 10% off. CODE: mrcalibu

D A I S Y

I nervously adjusted the pastel pink bow tying the front of my hair back, my other hand pulling the suitcase behind me. Mrs. Briggs had me dress up in something other than a T-shirt. I wore a light pink sweater and light colored jeans paired with white converse.

"He should be here in a few." Mrs. Briggs said, gathering all the adoption papers one last time.

I leaned against a nearby wall as we waited for my new family to get here.

"You're not hot are you?" Mrs. Briggs asked, hinting at my long-sleeved shirt.

"Im fine. Besides, the sweater's light." I shrugged it off, when on the inside I felt as if I would faint from the heat.

But Mrs. Briggs couldn't see the new marks on my arms or I would have to go see Mrs. Chapman - my bubbly therapist - again.

"Just roll up the sleeves if you're too hot, honey."

If only I could.

Sooner or later, the door opened, a head of curly hair walking in. I froze, my whole body nearly failing on me.

Oh my God.

The all too familiar face approached Mrs. Briggs and I, a smile tugging at the mans lips.

"Ah, Mr. Irwin, hello." Mrs. Briggs smiled warmly, gathering those papers again.

"Hello." He looked down at me. "You must be Daisy."

I nodded, looking at him with so much awe. Ashton Irwin.

I wasn't into his music, but I knew who he was. Oh my God.

I hadn't noticed he was offering his hand for me to shake until Mrs. Briggs coughed, bringing me back to reality. I awkwardly shook his hand, my hand probably sweaty and gross.

"Sorry." I whispered, looking down in embarrassment. Stupid.

"It's all right love." he giggled, looking back over at Mrs. Briggs.

"Okay, if you could just sign this." Mrs. Briggs handed Ashton a pen. He nodded and scribbled his name down.

"Also, Daisy is -"

I sent Mrs. Briggs a look, my eyes begging her to not say it. Once people found out about my "problems" they didn't want me anymore.

"Just give me a chance." I mouthed to Mrs. Briggs.

"- I mean, she has a recurring nightmare, maybe once or twice a week. Usually she sleep talks during it or cries." Mrs. Briggs says. "If this ever happens just wake her up and make sure she's okay."

I almost sighed in relief, mouthing a thank you. Ashton didn't know.

For now.

"Okay, well, we best be going." Ashton said. I nodded and hugged Mrs. Briggs.

She was my best fried - my only friend - and now I'm leaving her.

I'll be back in a week, it's okay.

"Bye Daisy. You behave yourself." she teased.

"Okay. Goodbye Mrs. Briggs."

I was kinda shy and didn't talk to the other orphans much, so I didn't have anyone else to say bye to. I followed Ashton, who offered to pull my suitcase for me.

We approached a car, him opening the trunk to set my suitcase in.
Two heads popped up over the back seat, scaring the living daylights out of me.

"Is that Daisy?" said a boy from maybe  Asian decent (AN: dont hate me lol)

"Hi!" the blonde one said.

"Luke, shut up." A grumpy voice came from the front. I peered over the two heads, catching a glimpse of spikey bleach blonde hair.

I knew all their names at one point, but by then I really stopped caring, so I had forgotten.

"Sorry about that." Ashton smiled goofily, shutting the trunk. He opened the back door for me to get in while he got in the drivers seat.

"Daisy, meet Michael, Luke and Calum." Ashton said, looking at me in the rear view mirror as we rolled out the parking lot.

I smiled at the three boys, nervously looking out the window beside me. I watched the trees pass us, little flashbacks of the night my parents left me coming back to me.

An awkward silence fell over the car. Michael shifted in his seat, who was sitting in between Calum and I.

My stomach growled, causing all the attention to be put on me.

"You're hungry, yeah?" Ashton laughed.

You have no idea.

"Um.. Sure." I awkwardly replied, looking at him in the mirror.

He looked back with an odd expression, but didn't push it.

Finally we got home where Ashton showed me my room.

"Are you ready?" Ashton asked.

"For what?"

"To be blown away by your new room." Ashton giggled.

"Uh, yeah, sure." I nervously scratched my arm.

"Go on then. Open the door."

I twisted the doorknob and pushed, gasping at the sight of my room.

The walls were pink and the wall above my bed was covered in One Direction posters. The bed was light pink with brown spots going across it.

"Do you like it?" Ashton asked. "We, uh, we didn't know what to do, but Mrs. Briggs said you liked really girly things and One -"

I cut off his rambling and said. "Ashton, it's perfect. You didn't have to do all this."

Ashton shrugged and smiled. "I'll be downstairs if you need me."

I nodded and walked over to my bed and sat down.

***

so thats chapter 2 :) please VOTE, COMMENT & ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR LIBRARY, OR YOULL NEVER MEET YOUR FAV.

dont risk it

- Mickey <3