Chapter 17

A S H T O N

I woke up with my chin on top of Daisy's head, the young girls head on my chest. The sun barely shown through the shut blinds, leaving the room dark.

I hummed, feeling Daisy squirm. She was pushing against me and mumbling something.

"Dont . . ." Daisy tiredly mumbled. "Don't leave me."

I recognized the words and scene and pushed her off me. She fall back on the bed, still in her dream. I shook her and called her name.

"Wake up." I shook her one last time and finally she woke up. She confusedly looked around.

"What-" she began, those green eyes meeting mine.

"You had the dream again." I frowned and sat back.

She didn't say anything, instead she sat up and started playing with her fingers. I could tell she wanted alone time.

"What happened last night?" she asked.

"You fell asleep in the car." I laughed. "So I carried you inside and you didn't want me to sleep in my room so I slept in here."

"If this is just a way to get me forget about yesterday -" she began, her eyes turning from a sad look to an angry look.

"It wasn't. We need to talk. After breakfast."

She skeptically looked at me. "Okay."

***

We were alone.

Michael and Calum were downstairs in the game room playing Grand Theft Auto, and Luke was out with his brothers. Now I had a chance to tell Daisy.

"You know we're in a band, right?" I asked Daisy while pouring a glass of orange juice for myself.

She nodded, fiddling with the tablecloth.

"Well," I didn't know how to put this lightly, so I just went out and said it, "me and the boys, we're going on tour."

"You're leaving me?" she looked up, her eyes holding a sad look. "Dammit Ash. I let myself get close to you and you leave."

"No," my eyes widened, "we aren't leaving you. Daisy, you're coming with us."

"I am?" her nose wrinkled with confusion. I nodded, softly smiling at her.

"When?" she asked.

"In a week." I looked to the side. "Now we have to talk about something else."

"What?"

"I have a girlfriend. I think you'll like her; she's lovely." I admitted, slowly looking over at Daisy, fearing I'd get a bad reaction for some reason.

Daisy stared at me for a second. I wish I could know what she was thinking.

"As long as she's nice we won't have a problem." Daisy said, then hopped off the chair.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Downstairs to play video games with Mikey and Calum."

"Oh." I had kinda wanted to spend some nice father-daughter time together. I faked a smile and said, "Have fun."

"You aren't coming?" she asked, her hand wrapping around the doorknob on the door leading to the basement.

"Nah."

"Okay." she opened the door and went downstairs.

I sighed and leaned against the counter, enjoying the peace that would only last for now.

***

D A I S Y

"Daisy Elizabeth (a/n: ;) ) Irwin, do you have all of your bags?" Ashton said from the back of the group. Me and Michael - the more adventurous ones - led the group, while Luke, Cal and Ashton hung in the back.

"Ashton, you asked that two minutes ago. Lay off, the kid has her stuff." Michael answered for me.

"Oh shït." Ashton swore - something he never did in front of me.

"What?" Michael turned, his eyes widening. "Oh shït."

"Michael, grab Daisy!" Ashton cried as we were all suddenly surrounded by people with bright cameras. I couldn't see from the flashes and ended up tripping and falling.

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment as a bodyguard named Dave helped me up. Michael grabbed my arm as best as he could with all our stuff, leading me through the crowd.

Dave stayed in front of us, keeping the paparazzi out of our faces.

The photographers were yelling the boys' names and asking about me. Finally we got to a point where the paps had to leave. I let out a relieved sigh as I watched them leave.

Ashton was tense and wouldn't leave my side for the whole time before we got on the plane.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I asked Ashton, who was sitting in a chair beside me while we waited to board the plane.

"She's already in California." Ashton said. "We're meeting her there."

I nodded and settled back into my seat.

"Tired?" Luke asked, looking up from his phone. I nodded and closed my eyes.

I could hear Michael and Calum talking somewhere near me about their album.

A voice over the intercom announced the plane was ready.

"I call sitting with Daisy." Ashton said as we got onto the plane. Ashton and I ended up sitting together - Dave in the aisle seat, Ashton in the middle, and my at the window seat - and Calum, Luke and Michael sat across from us.

An hour into the flight I had fallen asleep with my head leaning on the window. But eventually I felt Ashton move my head to the side and lay on his shoulder.

***

THANK YOU FOR 900 READS OMFG ILY ALL TY

Things are going kinda fast Im srry but you can basically forget Auburn & Maisy or whatever that bïtches name is (I honestly forgot it this is embarrassing lol). But they will come up again later, so don't forget them completely, but yeah.

Have you listened to Get Weird?

It came out today.

What are you waiting for? Go buy it.

ILY. Please vote & comment :-)

- Mickey

BUY GET WEIRD ON ITUNES