Chapter 15

D A I S Y

"For the last time, Auburn," I groaned, opening the front doors to the school for us. "I'm not going to disrespect their privacy like that. I'm sorry."

I shaded my eyes from the sunlight with my hand, looking over at Auburn.

"It's not like I'll tell anyone." Auburn argued, following me down the sidewalk towards where I was meeting the girls for shopping.

Auburn had bugged me all last night and today after she found out I was going shopping with Macy, asking me to give Auburn all the girls' gossip.

"I know, but -"

"Whatever. It's like you can't trust me." Auburn said. "Just like how I keep trying to make sure you're okay, but all you do is lie about it and say you're fine when you're really starving yourself!"

I glared at her, and not from the sun. "I do trust you."

"Obviously not enough." she angrily turned and walked away, picking up her pace so she didn't miss her bus.

I sighed and started walking. Geez, what was her problem?

A few moments later I stood in front of Macy and her two minions. Auburn and I called them minions because Michelle and Lexi literally worshipped her and followed her every command.

Was I going to turn into one of Macy's minions?

"Hey." Macy said, scanning my outfit - which was a plain white shirt paired with a jean jacket and dark red paints and white converse to top the look off. "Girls, we have work. I mean, look at her."

Michelle wrinkled her nose while Lexi dramatically fanned herself, as if my outfit made her sick and faint. I almost rolled my eyes, but didn't since Macy was looking right at me.

So instead I just nervously laughed and hopped into the backseat with Michelle. I texted Ashton to tell him I was on my way to the mall, something he made me promise to do before I left for school.

Just as I was about to warn the girls about possible paparazzi, Michelle began talking about some boy. By the time I had a chance to talk we arrived at the mall.

We went to American Eagle first, which the girls embarrassed the hell out of me at.

They forced me to try on outfits, then humiliated me in front of other shoppers by saying how fat I looked in the shirt, or that my thighs looked too big, or that I was flat chested. I had cried a few times behind the dressing room door.

By the second store there was a crowd of fans and paps following us around.

"Do I look okay?" Macy had asked Lexi as cameras flashed. Lexi nodded. Macy smiled and fixed her hair and pulled her shirt down to show more cleavage, and walked in front of the cameras like a model.

She would flash the photographers her award winning smile as questions were thrown left and right. Fans came up, asking for hugs and for me to have the boys follow them.

Of course Macy took advantage of it and had them think we were best friends and that they should follow her on social media also and that they should also worship her.

That was how I found out Macy was just using me.

***

As I walked outside to head to where Ashton's car was parked I saw a hooded figure walking towards me, there head down. I stared as they passed.

I climbed into the car, laying my head back as Ashton backed out the parking space.

"How was it?"