Chapter 72

srry if you thought something exciting was going to happen :(

***

RECAP:

I was sat four people away from Jacob, but it still felt like it wasn't enough space. I felt like I was suffocating, being sat so close to him. And my throat burned and I was trying my hardest to hold back tears.

Lunch was only about thirty minutes, but ot felt like forever.

And finally, it was time to go home. I decided to walk this time, just to think and clear my mind.

Bad idea.

***

D A I S Y

"Daisy!" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me.

I ignored it and kept walking.

"Daisy!"

Suddenly, my arm was grabbed from  behind me and I was whipped around.

"What?" I cried, my voice almost a yell.

I pulled my arm out of Auburn's grasp and stepped back.

"Im sorry about what happened."

I turned and kept walking. "I don't want to talk right now."

"But seriously, what he did was a dïck move and you deserve better."

"He deserved better," I corrected.

Someone skinny, pretty, nice.

Someone that wasn't me

"You were the best. He stooped low by dating Jaz."

I didn't say anything.

"Im gonna go. Text me if you need anything."

***

"Ashton?" I called as I stepped into the house.

No reply, but Maya came running. Great. I was alone.

I took Maya outside, then went into my room and locked her out.

I stared into the mirror, picking out each flaw. Suddenly my phone went off. A text from Ashton.

Hey. We had a meeting to go to. We'll be home in about twenty minutes. Love you.

I had enough time.

I didn't want to worry him so I texted back ok.

*possible trigger warning?*

I rolled up my sleeves, running my fingers over the scars.

***

I had cut a little too deep, and by the time I was all cleaned up and bandaged, the boys were home. I tugged my sleeves back down as I left the bathroom, and nearly ran into Calum.

"Hey. You okay?" he asked, brown eyes searching my face.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure? You look a little sad." he pressed.

"I'm fine."

He hesitated, but then nodded and went to his room. I sighed and went to mine.

I laid down on my bed and went on my phone, launching Instagram. I scrolled through my feed, but stopped on a picture of Jacob and Jaz.

It hurt that he was with someone better than me, but it hurt more to see him happier with someone else.

And for what felt like the millionth time this week, I started to cry.

L U K E

"I think Daisy hurt herself,"

Michael, Ashton and I turned towards the voice. It was Calum, who stood near the stairs.

"What? Why?" Ashton turned the volume on the TV down.

"She was wearing long sleeves and she was acting strange."

"Just because –" Luke began.

"Yeah, I know. I'm just worried," Calum interrupted him.

"I'll go talk to –" I started, standing up from the couch.

"You're not going anywhere," Ashton stood up too, laying his hand on my chest to stop me.

"Why not?"

"I told you to fücking stay away from her," Ashton lowered his voice.

"First, get your hands off me," I pushed him away. "And second –"

"Stop fighting!" Michael cried, stepping in between us.

"You guys need to solve this. It's tearing you too apart," Calum said, coming over.

Ashton and I stubbornly glared at each other.

"How about I go talk to her," Michael suggested.

He went upstairs without waiting for an answer, and Calum stayed downstairs with us to make sure we didn't kill each other.

***

sorry if this chapter was a disappointment. worst chapter I've ever had to write I s2g

Next update: whenever I write the next chapter lolol

ok guys I was literally almost in (happy) tears yesterday bc of what you guys say. You guys are so nice and ugh it rlly makes my day when someone comments/messages me "i love your story" or "youre so nice" or whatever :')

stay positive. ily <3