Chapter 98

happy ending or crazy ending?

***

D A I S Y

My eyes slowly opened, and I lay still, allowing them to adjust to the dark room. Luke's short hair was tickling my nose, and I pulled away, noticing how we fell asleep with me curled around his back.

I slowly inched my numb arm out from under him, then gently rolled over to face the dresser, freezing when Luke stirred. I reached out and grabbed my phone and turned it on to read the time.

3:55.

A little less than an hour until we had to get ready for the flight to Bali. I rolled out of bed, and started gathering clothes. With what happened the day before I completely forgot to pack.

I folded all of my shirts, pants and jackets and packed them into my suitcase. By the time I was done it was 4:30 and Luke's alarm clock went off.

He yawned and rolled over into the empty space where I had been, and let out a content sigh.

"Luke wake up," I walked over and turned the alarm off and gave him a small shake.

"No."

I reached over and pulled the pillow out from under him, gently whacking his back. After a few hits he sat up, sending me a death glare.

His hair was sticking up in different directions and I supressed a laugh.

"What?"

"Nothing." I giggled, turning back to my suitcase.

I put the last of my things inside and zipped it shut.

"Why are the flights always so early?" Luke whined, throwing the covers off.

I shrugged, and grabbed a shirt and leggings. "I'm going to go change."

In the bathroom I brushed my teeth and hair, washed my face and changed. I opened the door, and jumped, nearly running right into Ashton.

"Hi. . . I'm sorry. . . About last night," I sheepishly said.

Ashton looked down at the floor. "Just. . . Don't do it again."

He slipped past me and shut the door behind him. I sighed, feeling guilty tears fill my eyes.

Ashton had bags under his eyes and a sad, vacant look in his tired eyes. I was doing this, wearing them down. They were stressed out and not sleeping because of me. They'd be better off without me.

(a/n: fml the girl who cried wolf just came on fml I literally just put mascara on ugshsh fml)

I wiped my eyes and walked back into the bedroom, where Luke was fixing his hair in the mirror. He was dressed in sweatpants and a white T-shirt.

***

I walked behind everyone else, keeping my distance. I was afraid they were all mad at me for yesterday.

"Daisy," Luke, who was about five feet away with everyone else, said, turning to look at me. "What are you doing? Come walk with us."

I silently shook my head no. Luke frowned and jogged over to me and started walking beside me.

On the plane Luke and I sat together, Ashton and Bryana a few seats behind us, Michael and Malina the seat in front of us and Calum and Dani across the aisle from Ashton and Bry.

***

The two cars we rented pulled in front of a house, stopping in the driveway. The house was pretty; surrounded by trees and apparently there's a pool in the backyard.

"Here we are," Ashton said, opening the door and hoping out.

"The beach is only five minutes away," Michael said as he hoped out the other car.

We unloaded our stuff from the car and carried everything into the house. The house was huge, and there was enough rooms and beds for all eight of us.

The room I was in had two beds, which Bryana, Malina, Dani and I were sharing. Across the hall Luke and Calum shared a room, down the hall Michael and Ashton were sharing a room.

There was an extra room, but the boys fought over it so they were all taking turns in having the room to themselves.

Bryana sat on the bed, tired from timezones. Here in Bali it was three in the afternoon, meaning back in California it would be midnight, so we were all tired.

Dani, Malina and I ventured downstairs to look around, leaving Bryana to nap.

"Look how pretty the pool is," Malina said, opening the back screen door.

"We should go swimming," Dani commented, following Malina outside.

I stepped out behind them, looking around the nice deck and at the clear pool water.

"Can you guys come inside? Hurry," Ashton poked his head outside.

We nodded and followed him inside.

"What's wrong?" Malina asked, as we followed him to the living room. The other boys were gathered around on the couch. Malina and Dani went and squeezed in next to their boyfriends, while I sat by myself on the ottoman sitting in front of the couch.

"I have to make this quick incase –"

"What about Bryana?" Luke butted in.

"It's about Bryana, stupid," Michael snapped.

"Shut up," Luke huffed.

"As I was saying, I have to make this quick incase Bryana comes downstairs," Ashton nervously messed with his hair.

Ashton pulled a little velvet box out of his pocket. "I'm going to propose to her."

My jaw dropped, and I looked behind me, seeing that everyone else was reacting the same way.

"That's great!" Danielle chirped, the first one to break the silence.

"And I need you guys to help," Ashton gingerly put the box back into his pocket.

"With what?"

"Can you guys make reservations? I'd like it to be in a week."

"Daisy and I can," Dani said.

"And I'll distract Bryana by taking her shopping or something," Malina said.

"Okay. I'll find a restaurant and give you guys the number," Ashton said.

"Okay. I'll distract Bry by seeing if she'll go swimming with us," Malina stood tp her feet. Malina and Ashton walked past each other, one heading outside and the other upstairs.

***

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'd like to get a registration for May 13th," Dani spoke into the phone.

"Sure. What time?"

Dani pulled away from the phone, cupping her hand over the speaker. "What time does the sun set?"

"I dunno, six o'clock?" I shrugged.

"Six, please," Dani replied to the women she was on the phone with.

"Sure."

"Okay, thanks. One more thing. . ." Dani trailed off.

"Mhm?"

"Can it be on the beach?"

***

awe beach wedding

one more month of school :)

then im a freshman :( v scared rn

stay positive. ily <3