Chapter 69

chapter 69 ;)

ok sorry

***

D A I S Y

My grip loosened on the keys and wallet, and they fell to the floor, the sound echoing around the room.

The two pulled apart and their heads snapped towards me.

I let out a small gasp. Jaz.

"Daisy. . . I can explain –" Jacob began.

"Explain what? That you're fücking kissing my best friend?"

Jaz came over and picked my stuff up off the floor and handed it to me. I  snatched my wallet and keys away from her.

"Daisy, calm down. Let's talk about this –" Jaz calmly said, reaching to touch my arm.

"Don't fücking touch me!" I hissed, taking a step away.

"I can't fücking believe you two," I added.

"Daisy –" Jacob began.

"I should have known something was going on between you two," I snarled. "How could I be so stupid?" I mumbled, more to myself.

"You broke up," Jaz defended.

"You guys were still fücking around before we even broke up!"

They didn't say anything, which only proved that it was true.

I had been cheated on.

"Never speak to me again."

"Wait –"

I cut Jaz off by stomping out the door and slamming it behind me. People jumped and looked up at the sound and watched me practically run down the hall.

I sat in shock in the car, trying to process what just happened. Did he really cheat?

No, it was just a dream. If I go back into the hospital, Jacob will still be in a coma.

I pinched my arm, praying I'd wake up in my bed. But no, I was still sat in Ashton's car. Tears filled my eyes and overflowed, rushing down my cheeks.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and searched for the contact I was looking for and pressed call.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" I asked, trying to calm down.

"We we're about to leave the studio to look for you." Luke answered. "Why are you crying? Where are you?"

"Luke? Is that Daisy?" I heard Ashton ask in the background.

I ignored his questions. "Meet me at the house. Please," I sobbed

"Okay. I'll be there in a few minutes."

***

I pulled into the driveway, stopped the car, got out and practically ran into the house. Luke was waiting and enveloped me in a hug the second I stepped inside.

"I don't know," Luke answered, soothingly rubbing my back.

"Jacob –" I hiccupped, my voice muffled by Luke's shirt.

I couldn't continue because I started crying harder. We sat down on the couch and the boys comforted me and let me cry. After a few minutes my sobs turned into little sniffles and whimpers and I had calmed down.

"What happened to Jacob?" Luke asked.

"He cheated."

Did he really cheat? I mean, we did – kind of – break up. But I didn't mean it.

But then he was messing around with Jaz before the breakup. I felt sick, knowing how me leaving for vacation only made it easier for Jaz and Jacob to go behind my back.

"He what?" Ashton gasped.

"I'm going to fücking kill him –" Luke growled.

"No, stay. Please." I winced at how weak I sounded and, again, at how vulnerable I was. I wanted to be strong about this and not cry.

"I'll be right back," I sniffled, getting off the couch and climbing the stairs.

Maya followed, barking and hopping around me.

I locked the door behind me and changed into one of Ashton's T-shirts and comfy pajama shorts, and tied my hair back. I climbed into bed and patted the empty space beside me, causing Maya to jump up onto the bed next to me.

A knock came from the door, causing me to release an irritated sigh.

"Are you coming back down?" Ashton's voice came from the other side of the door.

"I just want to be alone," I replied, picking Maya up and cradling her to my chest.

"Okay. . . I'll be downstairs. . ." he trailed off.

I plugged my earbuds in and played every sad song I knew, while cuddling Maya to my chest. I tugged the covers over us, and let myself cry into her soft fur.

I went onto my phone to change a song, but froze when I saw a picture of Jacob and I on my home screen. My heart twisted in pain and I bursted into tears.

How could someone who once made me feel so much love and happiness, now make me feel so much pain?

***

early-ish update bc I can't wait any longer

I get to see my crush tomorrow :')

please comment and vote :)))

stay positive. ily <3