Chapter 27

and now the long awaited chapter 27...

D A I S Y

The lady and man turned all the way to face me. Oh my God.

Okay, breathe, Daisy. Play it cool. Act like you don't care. Be strong.

"Daisy?" my mom stared at me with wide eyes, looking me up and down. "My, have you grown to be a beautiful young lady. How old are you now? 16? 17?"

She looked just like how i remembered; thin with long curly red hair. My dad looked the same too. Same fierce green eyes (I got my eyes from him) and dark hair. Same mean look.

"I'm 15." I stared straight into her eyes. "16 in, like, four months."

"Awe, my babies getting ready to drive." my mom cooed.

"Don't call me your baby." I spat.

My mom looked taken aback. There was silence for a few seconds.

"Oh . . . Well, I've missed you so much. How're you holding up?" she asked.

"You've missed me?" I raised my voice. "If you missed me so much you wouldn't have left me in the first place!"

People turned and stared, but I didn't care. Not right now.

"Daisy . . ." Ashton, who had stayed quiet from shock, whispered as a sign to calm down.

"How . . ." I lowered my voice. "How is Ruby?" my heart ached, remembering my red haired sister.

"She's good. She's over at a friends so we decided to come here." my mom answered. I looked over at my dad who hadn't said a word.

My mom nudged my dad. "Be polite and speak to your daughter."

"No. I told you I never wanted to speak to that disappointment ever again." my dad huffed, eyeing me with disgust.

I could practically feel the anger and impatience radiating off Ashton. I angrily clenched my fist.

"Still a dïck, I see."

My dad looked at me with so much hate. "You little bi -"

"Oh, look at that!" Ashton interrupted. "Luke needs us, come on Daisy." Ashton tugged me out of the line and away from my parents.

I turned and looked back, the sad look on my mom's face etched into my memory. Along with the angry look from my dad.

***

I ignored the sound of the glass door sliding open next to me, and instead kept focusing on the sound of the waves from the nearby beach. The sky was dark tonight, perfectly showing off every star in the sky.

"Hey. You okay?" Ashton sat down next to me.

I had been peacefully sitting out here, watching the stars while thinking of my parents. And Ruby. God, I missed her.

I nodded, focusing on a twinkling star so I wouldn't start crying.

"You sure?"

I nodded again.

"Okay. I was kind of worried because after the incident you didn't talk much." Ashton replied.

"If, uh, if you're upset over it or anything you can come talk to me." he added. "I know I won't understand what you're going through but I could try to help -"

"Can we stop talking about it?" I looked over at him.

"Yeah. Sorry." he awkwardly mumbled. "Um, come on inside. We're about to celebrate."

I nodded and waited until he got up and went back inside to let out a long sigh. Since it was Thanksgiving and Dani was American, we decided it would be nice to celebrate it with her, since she was away from her family and couldn't exactly celebrate.

***

"Im thankful for you guys. And the rest of my friends and family." Dani smiled at all of us.

Ashton had suggested we all go around the table and say what we were thankful for.

"I'm thankful for the band and our fans." Luke said.

"I'm thankful for dogs." Calum joked. "Just kidding, I'm thankful for Dani, you guys and my family." Calum and Dani shared a gross, yet cute, kiss.

Michael and I gagged, causing Calum to reach over and swat at the two of us.

"I'm thankful for hair dye." Michael smirked, running a hand through his newly dyed red hair (which was my personal favorite). "Oh, and you guys, of course." Michael sheepishly added under Ashton's disapproving stare.

"I'm thankful for Daisy." Ashton reached over and hugged me tight. The table awed.

"What about you, Daisy-Doo?" Dani said.

"I'm thankful for you guys." I smiled.

They all cheered.

"Now, let's eat!" Michael yelled, cutting into the turkey.

* POSSIBLE TRIGGER WARNING *
*TRIGGER WARNING*

I was already starving. The sight of delicious turkey and ham and mashed potatoes sitting in front of me was taunting. But, I refused to eat. I was going to get through this.

"Eat as much as you can." Ashton whispered and gently patted my thigh.

My stomach growled repeatedly, practically begging to have some of the turkey.

No. I was fat enough already. I didn't need to eat.

But the food looked so good.

"Have some, babe." Calum offered, holding the plate of turkey out in front of me. I stared at the food for a few seconds, contemplating on whether to eat it or not.

Fück it.

I sighed and took the plate.

I was so going to regret this.

***

The next chapter will have self-harm in it so read at your own risk. But I'll put a warning in the chapter for y'all.

Also, I do not struggle with an eating disorder, so I'm only  guessing these are things that would run through someone's mind if they had one. I am not trying to offend anyone. I've gone through things like this though, so I'd never mean to offend you guys.

Also, what should I put in my bio thing?? I really need ideas lol

Please vote & comment :-)

stay positive. ily <3