Chapter 54

yall are so nice awe ilysm

D A I S Y

We arrived at the beach house we'd be staying in maybe ten minutes after we left the airport. Calum and Michael ran in first to declare any room they wanted. Ashton seemed distracted and kept to himself and wandered in alone, while Luke and Dani helped me with some of the bags.

"Is Ashton okay?" I asked the two as we hauled our stuff up the stairs.

"Don't know. Maybe he's still grumpy?" Luke suggested.

Upstairs were four rooms. Calum and Dani shared one, Ashton took the other and Michael took the third one. There was only one room left, meaning Luke and I had to share.

I didn't mind though; Luke and I were pretty close and I'd rather share a room with him than Michael. I could only imagine how messy Michael's room will be.

Luke and I set our stuff down. He flung himself on the other bed, and spread out like a starfish.

I laughed and checked my phone, which had a text from Jaz.

"Daisy," Ashton came into the doorway. "We need to talk."

He nervously played with his fingers.

"Okay." I said, dropping my phone onto the bed and following him out onto the pourch.

"Daisy, I didn't just come here for vacation," he began. "I came here to see someone."

Heidi.

"I didn't want to tell you because I was afraid you'd get upset -" he started.

"Don't," I interrupted.

"Daisy -"

"I can't believe you'd do this to me!" I angrily stood up and went inside.

"Daisy, wait. I think you'll like her," Ashton stopped me.

"She tried to kill me!"

"It's someone else." Ashton said. "I've been talking to a different girl. She's sweet and funny and nothing like Heidi. Trust me, I think you'll like her."

(a/n: I tricked yall hehehehe)

"When can I meet her?" I asked, feeling kinda iffy about this whole thing.

"She'll be here in ten minutes," Ashton was smiling at the thought of her.

"So tell me about her."

"She's nice, and the prettiest girl I've ever seen, and she models, and she's adorable, and she's funny and she just makes me so happy," Ashton went on.

"How did you guys meet?"

"She's from California, but flew to Australia for some modeling thing and we met that way. I've been texting her ever since she left Australia," Ashton told me.

"So that's why you've been excluding yourself from us and constantly on your phone? You've been talking to her," I said, as if I had solved some big mystery.

He nods, blushing slightly. "I really like her. I hope you like her too."

Right on cue a knock came from the door.

"That's her! Do I look okay?" Ashton turned to me, running a hand through the tangled mess of hair on his head.

"You look fine," I said.

The rest of the crew came jogging down the stairs. Luke stood beside me, smiling smugly as Ashton opened the door. A pretty blonde girl stood there and leaped into his arms.

She was prettier than Heidi, and not fake-looking. I liked her already.

Right away I felt a little jealous because of her model-like body.

"Bryana, this is my daughter, Daisy. Daisy, this is my girlfriend, Bryana."

(a/n: forget that one typo where I put bryana instead of heidi by accident bc the queen has now arrived)

"Hi!" Bryana chirped, coming over and hugging me. "Oh my gosh, you're so pretty!"

"Thanks," I awkwardly replied, already feeling a blush coming on.

I looked like a sack of potatoes next to her. It didn't feel right being complemented right now, for some reason. It felt like I was being lied to.

We ended up all going out to dinner. Bryana and Ashton shared a plate, Luke ate as much as he could get his hands onto, Michael ate a lot too but was mostly on his phone, and Calum had his own plate, but stole food from Dani's plate every time she looked away. Meanwhile I had ordered a water and that was it.

It was torture, watching people eat around me as I didn't. If I wanted to be skinny and pretty like Bryana, I couldn't eat.

"Why isn't she eating?" Bryana asked Ashton, sounding genuinely worried. "Are you okay?" she looked over at me, frowning slightly.

An awkward silence followed, nobody knowing how to answer.

"Let's talk about it later," Ashton quietly suggested.

Bryana nodded, looking up at me every now and then. I avoided the group, and instead looked around the room, watching waiters and waitresses carry around big plates of food.

Finally they finished eating and we all clambered into the car, me squished in the backseat in bewteen Michael and Luke. Back at the beach house I grabbed my phone and went to the porch to text my best friend and boyfriend and watch the sun go down.

A S H T O N

"So, why wasn't Daisy eating earlier?" Bryana asked me, sitting down onto the couch beside me.

"I don't know if she'd be thrilled if I told you, but -" I began.

"You don't have to tell me. It isn't my buisness anyways," Bry shrugged.

"No, you deserve to know," I let out a sigh. "She's anorexic." I just came out and said it. No time for sugar coating, I guess.

"She's already so skinny, what weight does she want to lose?" Bryana frowned.

"I don't know." Ashton says. "But I'm trying to help her get better. I just don't know how."

She grabbed my hand and massaged her thumb into my palm. "I'll help you. All three of us will get through this together."

***

this was supposed to be published over the weekend but I love sharing my work with you guys and I just couldn't wait lol tbh luke and daisy need a ship name

comment ideas for the sequel here

And please vote & comment :-)

stay positive. ily <3