Chapter 44

Merry Christmas and happy holidays <3

***

D A I S Y

The sky was turned pink and the neighborhood was quiet, as Jaz, Jacob and I walked along the sidewalk. We stopped at the creak near the house to take pictures.

"Jaz, hurry up," I whined, watching my best friend snap and artsy picture of the creak, with the pink sky in the shot.

"Don't rush beauty,"

I rolled my eyes. Jacob laughed and subconsciously rubbed my back.

"Are you done yet?"

Jaz turned back around to face us, cheekily smiling as she nodded. We kept on walking, talking about assignments and anything that popped into our heads.

"What happened between you and Auburn?" Jacob randomly asked.

"I don't know," I honestly answered. "We were best friends, but then she started hating me because I didn't notice how she was going through tough times or something." I added.

Nobody said anything, we just kept walking until we reached the main road. We turned around and started walking back.

"Want to all exchange gifts for Christmas?" Jaz asked. Christmas was coming up, and I couldn't be more excited.

"Sure, what do you want?" I asked.

"Cameron Dallas," she answered after thinking for a moment.

"Don't we all," I giggled.

"I'm right here!" Jacob cried.

"Sorry," I leaned up to his height and kissed his cheek.

He smiled and pulled me closer into his side.

"Hmm, maybe a gift card to Starbucks, a bath bomb, nail polish, I don't know." Jaz listed. I made a mental reminder to go shopping for her and my boyfriend.

"What about you?" Jaz asked, looking up at Jacob.

"Video games and money," Jacob simply answered.

"Well that was easy," Jaz muttered. "What about you, Daisy?" she added.

"I don't know, I guess phone cases and  gift cards," I shrugged, not really putting much thought into it.

***

Jacob and I hugged Jaz goodbye. Her mom was her to pick her up, since she couldn't drive. We waved as Jaz jogged down the driveway and hopped into her moms waiting vehicle.

We decided, since we had nothing better to do, to go to the mall. And Christmas was in about a week so it'd be nice to go see the malls pretty lights. (a/n: I know Christmas is today, but just go with it)

The boys bid us goodbye, then we hopped into Jacob's car and drove off. We listened to Purpose the whole drive (Jacob was, oddly, a huge belieber) and drove around for ten minutes to find a parking spot.

We walked into the mall, hand in hand. The mall was covered in beautiful Christmas lights, and parents dragged their children in to come see Santa. Jacob and I stopped at the Santa place, watching with amusement as a fussy girl sat on Santa's lap for the picture.

I wondered if Jacob would be the person I'd have a future with - kids, a house, grandkids - and when he wrapped his arm around me I thought that maybe he was wondering the same.

We eventually left and walked around, looking in at the brightly lit shops. We finally reached the middle of the mall, where a giant tree was. The tree was bright; wrapped in Christmas lights and decorated with glass balls. Jacob wanted to take a picture of us with it.

"Excuse me," Jacob said to random middle aged man. "Can you take a picture of my girlfriend and I?"

"Sure, son." he smiled. He reminded me of an older version of Ash; sweet and bubbly.

We stood in front of the giant tree, and posed. It was a sweet pose - Jacob's arm was wrapped around my waist and my hand was rested on his chest. The man took another of us kissing.

We thanked him and looked at the pictures, me watching Jacob set if as his lock screen. We journeyed through the mall, stopping to get a pretzel and drink to share. About three hours later we left the mall. It was dark and we couldn't find the car. And to make it all better, a group of four girls followed us.

We turned down a picture with the girls, because we were tired and not in the mood. They didn't take no as an answer and followed us.

"Hey, you slüt, I wanted a picture!" one of the girls called from behind us.

I gripped Jacob's hand tight as we speed walked down the aisle of cars. I could tell he was trying to remain cool, as the girls called me rude things. This wasn't going to end well

"You're so ugly, I didn't even want a picture anyways," another cackled. "Does that upset you? Are you going to cry?" she was purposefully tormenting me and trying to provoke us.

"Please leave us alone," I squeaked, scanning the cars for Jacob's.

Suddenly a phone was shoved into my face. "Can you of least say hi to my friend?"

I ducked my head, and kept walking.

"Can you say hi?" the girl repeated, the flash on her phone blinding me.

Jacob reached over and shoved the phone out of my face. It fell, but luckily didn't break.

"You're such a bïtch!" they called after us as we finally found the car and hopped in.

Jacob quickly drove off.

***

I got slfl tickets for Christmas yaass

please vote & comment :-)

happy holidays! ily <3