Chapter 8

D A I S Y

"Luke, Michael, Calum, Daisy, dinner's ready!" Ashton called up the stairs. I finished a game I had been playing and walked out my room, smiling at Luke.

"It's the last day." Luke warned. "Tell him, or I will."

I nodded, looking at the floor.

"I'm sorry, kiddo. It's for your own good." Luke patted my head then walked away from me and went down the stairs. I stopped at the top of the flight and stared at the goofy group picture of the boys hanging up on the wall.

The truth was; they were all fun boys and I didn't want to leave. But once Ashton found out he'd send me back to the orphanage.

I shook my head and walked downstairs.

At the middle of dinner Ashton had asked "Why aren't you eating?" just as I had shuffled the food around for the 50th time.

"I'm not that hun-"

"Daisy has an eating disorder." Luke blurted out and quickly drank his water.

"What? Luke!" I shrieked.

Luke and I started yelling at each other while Ashton sat there in shock and Calum tried to help Michael who had choked on his food.

"Sorry, but I warned you."

"I was going to tell him!" I whined. "Eventually.."

"Why are you so scared about him knowing? You need to learn that not everyone is against you and that we genuinely care!" Luke yelled, causing the whole table to fall silent.

Even Michael's coughing ceased.

I covered my face, not being able to stop the tears escaping from eyes. Now Luke was mad at me. Great.

"Come on, baby girl." Ashton whispered, placing a hand on my shoulder. He was standing now. I nodded and wiped my face and stood up.

One look at Luke caused my stomach to churn. His face held a look of regret.

Ashton had his arm around me like it had been yesterday at Target as he grabbed my keys and walked me to the car.

He was probably taking me back to the orphanage.

"I'm sorry." I croaked, looking out the window beside me so he didn't see me cry.

"It's okay. Im not mad."

"Is Luke?"

Ashton didn't answer, only upsetting me more. We pulled up at an ice cream shop.

After we ordered ice cream we sat down at an outdoor table, having the whole outside to ourselves.

"Talk to me." Ashton said, taking a lick from his ice cream. "Tell me how Luke knew and what he warned you about."

"You won't want to keep me anymore." I mumbled.

"I used to cut." Ashton blurted out. "So I know how you feel, so I'll never leave you. Now please talk about it."

"Okay.. Luke saw my cuts three days ago and he said that I needed to tell you about it before 'it's too late' or he will. I didn't tell you by the time he wanted me to so he blurted it out at the table." I looked away. "I didn't want you to know because once the people who adopt me dont want me anymore and I really like living with you guys."

Ashton gave me a sympathetic look. "Well, you live with us now and you aren't leaving anytime soon."

***

Another short chapter oops. The next chapter will be longer lol

Please vote, comment & add this story to your library

- Mickey <3