Chapter 11

*one month later*

D A I S Y

"That's her!" I squealed, rushing to the door at the sound of the doorbell.

The boys followed behind me, laughing at my giddiness.

I opened the door, smiling so wide both my dimples came out.

"I'm so excited." Auburn came in. "We're gonna turn up the whole night, and take quizzes to see if Cameron Dallas would be our boyfriend or best friend and -"

Auburn went on and on while Ashton chatted with her mom for a few more minutes.

She had found out about who I lived with a while ago and was totally cool with it. It didn't faze her.

"Okay. Goodbye, Mrs. Long." Ashton said to Auburn's mom and closed the door.

"Aubrey, right?" Michael asked.

"Auburn." Auburn corrected.

"My bad." Michael blushed.

We went upstairs to my room.

Auburn set her bag down. "I stole Molly's makeup so we can play around with it."

Molly was her 17 year old sister. Auburn wasn't allowed to wear makeup or date until the age of 16.

"Seriously." I giggled.

Auburn nodded. "Let's play with it later."

"Okay." I said. "What should we do now?"

"Dunno." Auburn looked around. "Let's build a fort."

We had come up with the idea to build a fort and watch Netflix on it.

"I'll ask Ashton if we can borrow his laptop so we can watch Netflix on it." I told her, crawling back out the fort. I went next door and knocked on Ashton's door.

"Come in!" Ashton called from the other side.

He was on his phone, texting someone. Ashton looked up, smiling softly. "What's up, Chickadee?"

I wrinkled my nose at the nickname and plopped down into his bed.

"Can I borrow your laptop? Auburn and I wanted to watch Netflix." I asked Ashton.

"Sure." he reached over to the nightstand and handed me the device.

"Thank you."

I went back to my room and crawled into the fort with Auburn. Once the laptop turned on it was on an email Ashton had left open and forgot about.

"Should we read it?" I asked Auburn, scanning the email.

"No."

"Yes." I said, my eyes caught on my name. "It's involving me. Let's read it."

We both read it together. It was from some man who was saying I was a charity case and a way to give the band more attention and that in a month I would be taken back to the orphanage.

"Daisy -" Auburn began.

"Let's do something else." tears brimmed my eyes as I excited out the email. I turned it off and went back to Ashton's practically throwing it at him.

"You done already, Chickadee?"

"We changed our minds." I said, turned, then left.

***

"Daisy, come on. We had a sleepover to have fun, not for me to sit her and watch you be all sad." Auburn said.

I shrugged.

She hesitated. "Let's play around with Molly's makeup."

I stayed silent, watching her swipe blush onto her cheeks.

"I look like a clown." Auburn turned, showing off bright pink cheeks. For the first time in a while I genuinely laughed.

I got up and stood beside her, watching her work in the mirror. Auburn was a giggling mess as she messily applied liquid eyeliner, attempting a wing.

"That looks horrible." I laughed, putting a decent amount of blush on. Auburn applied the liquid eyeliner to my eyes now, laughing at how bad we both looked. By the end of it we were laughing so hard we fell to the floor and gripped our sore - from laughing - tummy's.

We calmed down and just sat on the floor, wondering what to do know. My mind floated back to the email.

"I thought Ashton was different." I whispered.

"Come on, Daisy." Auburn whined. "Look on the bright side; if he gets rid of you, you can come live with me."

I forced a smile.

"Let's take pictures of ourselves so everyone can see how hot we are." Auburn cracked a smile.

I chuckled and gave in, taking numerous photos with her on both of our phones together.

She uploaded them to her Instagram, then we spent about ten minutes playing games on her phone.

By 3am we were both exhausted.

"Let's go to sleep." I yawned.

We lay down in my bed and fell asleep, me dreaming about the day Ashton admitted he didn't love me and abandoned me. I had one month until that would actually happen.

One month.

***

Poor Daisy :( I might add Bryanna or whatever tf her name is into the story and make her evil but idk

But can we just take a moment to bless whoever came up with the idea of giving 5sos SnapChat.

Please vote, comment, & add this story to your library if you're enjoying the book so far :)

- Mickey <3