Chapter 4

"Sophia's gone!" Carl screamed, running into the kitchen.

"What?" Carol asked.

"She's gone! She told me she was going to look for flowers and that's been forever ago!" Carl answered.

"Oh God." Carol replied.

"It's okay, we'll find her," I declared, wiping my wet hands on the towel before grabbing my pistol and running outside.

"Rick, Sophia's missing." I stated, loading my pistol.

"Huh?" He asked.

"Carl said she went to look for flowers but that was hours ago." I replied.

"Come on, we'll go look for her." He replied.

"Carl, which way did she go?" I asked, kneeling down in front of him.

"This way! Come on!" He yelled, running in front of us.

"Carl, you can't come!" Rick yelled.

"Why? No one let's me go anywhere!" He replied, stomping the ground.

"Let him come. He knows where she went." I told Rick, walking up to Carl.

"Fine, but you stay with us, and don't run off." Rick ordered.

Carl nodded before grabbing my hand.

After a few minutes of walking in the woods, we found a pile of wild flowers.

"Flowers," Carl exclaimed, "Sophia's got to be around somewhere!" He smiled.

"Look, shoe prints!" Carl yelled, a few yards away from us.

I gasped, a walker coming out from behind a tree and grabbing Carl by the arm.

Carl screamed, causing my blood to chill, and I mentally promised myself to never hear that again.

I sprinted up to Carl and the walker, sending my knife through the walker's head.

I watched it land on the ground in front of me, my heart beating rapidly from the scare.

I placed a hand on my heart, wondering how my heart hadn't blew up.

I watched Carl cry into his dad's neck as Rick stood up with him in his arms.

"You got there way quicker than I did." Rick stated, a look of relief on his face.

I looked back to the walker, my knife still stuck in it's head.

"Thanks." Rick replied.

"No problem." I replied.

I pulled my knife out of the walker's head, wiping the blood off on my jeans.

"You okay, kid?" I asked, Carl walking over to me.

He nodded, wrapping his arms around me.