Chapter 85

tyler hoechlin as adam in thisss *winky face* (above)

-

"Adam, you have to stop moving." Denise told Adam who was squirming around on the table beside me because he cut his arm on some barbed wire and Denise was stitching him up.

"Did you tell him?" I asked Daryl who walked back into the infirmary.

"I had to, he wasn't listening to anything I was sayin' until I told him you got bit. He was talking to Ashley when I found him." He answered.

I sighed, Rick running in with Ashley on his heels. She's beautiful and nice, but she's one of Alexandria's cowards. She doesn't do anything for anyone here.

"It happened when I pushed you, didn't it?" Rick asked, standing in front of me.

"No, it was my fault. I put too much pressure on my leg and I fell." I answered.

"Fuck." He cursed, pacing the floor.

"Good news, the walker Sam said she fell on had its back facing up, so there's no way she got bit, but there was a broken beer bottle beside it." Tara declared, walking in.

I sighed, a load of relief flooding over me.

Denise turned back to me before continuing to wrap my arm up.

"Bad news is that you have a problem with women." Tara snapped at Rick.

"What?" Rick asked.

"I'm pissed off by the fact that you know Sam loves you! When you have a problem, you get up and run to the first girl that falls at your feet instead of opening your fucking eyes to what's in front of you! She's always there for you day or night, but you're never there for her unless something's in it for you." Tara yelled, completely blowing up on Rick.

"I'm always there for her!" Rick yelled.

"I'm not only pissed at you, but I'm pissed at her because she always takes you back. At first, I always wanted you two together, but now I don't. You're destroying her, and she's so attached to you that she can't let go!" Tara yelled.

Rick stayed quiet as Tara continued blowing up on him.

"Until you can stop bending girls that literally fall at your feet over a fucking table, I want you to stay away from her. She deserves better, and better isn't you. I hate to be such a bitch, but I know she thinks she's not good enough for you because she isn't any of those sluts you fuck with." Tara replied, causing tears to sting my eyes for the hundredth time today.

I think I'm crying because everything she's saying is making sense, and not to mention it hurts.

"Excuse me?" Ashley asked.

"Don't even talk to me right now." Tara replied, putting a hand up.

"I love her with everything in me, and my intentions are not to hurt her!" Rick yelled.

"Don't fucking say that." I replied, my voice cracking and everyone's necks snapped as they looked at me.

"What am I supposed to say? I do love you, more than anything. I know I hurt you, and I don't mean to." He replied.