Chapter 22

"It was just a kiss. It meant nothing," I heard Rick telling Maggie.

"I know you love her." Maggie replied.

I backed up from the door, hearing silence.

"You're going to lose her, Rick. One day you're going to wake up and she's not going to be waiting on you anymore." Maggie continued.

"I'll talk to her tonight." He mumbled.

-

"You're up!" I squealed, running to Tara who was now awake after being unconscious for almost a week.

She quickly became my best friend after Terminus, and I would've lost my mind if she died.

"Yeah, just stop screaming." She replied, putting a hand up to her head.

"Hey, Rick came by earlier. He was looking for you." Rosita replied.

"Guess what happened when you were out!" Rosita told Tara.

"What?" Tara asked.

"Rick and Sam kissed." Rosita replied.

"Hot damn!" Tara exclaimed.

"How did you know about that?" I asked Rosita.

"Word gets around." She replied, laughing.

"Well, it's not going to work out because I like someone else," I stated, crossing my arms.

"Don't lie, Sam." Tara replied.

"He doesn't like me, I'm moving on." I replied.

"And she's still lying." Tara replied.

-

I screamed, a weird man attacking me and pulling me into a shed.

"I've been waiting for when you were alone so I could show everyone that you weren't so tough. You hit me at that party, remember that?" He asked.

"What? You gonna kill me? Show everyone that your 'tough'?" I asked.

"Look at that, princess. They can see everything happening right now." He replied, tying my wrists to the chair.

I kicked him in the nuts, but that didn't help me any when he punched me.

My vision went blurry and I coughed as he wrapped his hands around my neck.

"See this everybody? Little princess isn't tough like she says she is!" He yelled, talking into the camera in front of us.

"How can they see this?" I asked.

"Technology is a beautiful thing." He replied.

I kicked again before he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a shot.

I screamed again, the man in front of me pulling my jeans down so he could inject the shot into my hip.

He put duct tape over my mouth and I began losing feeling in my legs.