Chapter 12

I jumped up from my cot, my chest heaving up and down.

The nightmares were getting worse, and didn't seem like they were going to stop anytime soon.

I pulled on a hoodie and walked outside, getting some fresh air.

I paced in front of the prison, a nauseous feeling in my stomach.

Day by day my anxiety attacks were getting worse and harder to control.

It literally felt like you were dying at some times.

I ran to the garbage can that was located by the the picnic tables, and threw up my lunch.

I sat down at a picnic table, tears pooling around my eyes.

-

"Didn't you see Rick when that Nicole girl walked up to you and started talking crap?" Beth asked.

"No. Beth, I love you to death but he doesn't care for me. He's not even over Lori yet, and I'm defiantly not over Shane." I replied.

"Ugh," Beth groaned. "But I love you guys so much together I literally dream about you two." She continued.

"Beth!" I laughed.

"It's true. One dream you two were getting married and it was here. Oh! Judith was the flower girl, Maggie and I were your bridesmaid--"

"Beth, you're crazy." I replied, shaking my head.

"Fine, but when you ask me to be your bridesmaid I'm going to say yes and laugh in your face and tell you how I was right!" She replied.

-

I ran out of my cell, finding everyone running into cells because of walkers.

I quickly turned around, a walker latched on to my shoulders.

I twisted my arm, sending my knife through it's head.

I ran down the hall, finding two little girls and putting them in a cell.

"Do not come out, okay?" I ordered, continuing to find kids and elders, and putting them in cells.

"Where's Judith?" Rick asked, running up to me.

"With Beth!" I answered, killing a walker that was behind Rick.

"There's a sickness going around; some type of flu." Hershel stated.

"Patrick wasn't feeling well this morning.." Carol mumbled.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"Quarantine the ones that are having symptoms into a different cell block, get medicine, and try to help cure it." Hershel answered.

If it isn't one thing, it's another.

-

"Nicole is having symptoms, she needs to be quarantined as soon as possible." Hershel stated.

"What? No!" She yelled.

"You'll get better there. Do you honestly want to jeopardize everyone else's life just because you don't want to be quarantined?" I fired back.